FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

I think they are and if I remember right for iphone @sofu is already building the app for enertion. Not 100% but Im almost sure I read it somewhere

3 Likes

That’s correct!

4 Likes

@mackann thanks for the info. The changelog on the Android app still shows 23.42 as the latest. Could you share a link for the latest release.

1 Like

Release live tomorrow adding a few little things last minute because I was feeling inspired today :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It still have the fix for your motor in it, try update it

Awsome. Thanks for the response and thanks for the great work.

@mackann yeah i have been running 23.42 and still having the same issues. Also tried to increase FOC/Hall sensors/Sensorless ERPM to 4500 as previously suggested and getting the same behaviour. All wiring checked, resistance checks of motor windings and also confirmed braking behaviour with short applied to all combinations of phase wires.

Ah ok cool! Good luck with it! What about Android? Is @Deodand do that part or someone else? Do you when a beta app? I really need it :sweat_smile: @mackann thanks for let me know about it.

In the url there is a 23.43 firmware with a fix for it

Unity in raptor 2.1 won’t power down. Momentary switch has been replaced. Any ideas?

By the way, guys who have platinum warranty and guys who like their lives: check how well your motor wires are soldered…

These two just popped off (can literally see the square shape of the pad) without much heating necessary and were floating above. 2/6 cold solder joints that could probably break away with vibrations…

The square corner on the right cable is all that held it on the pad.

6 Likes

This is completely unacceptable.

Enertion should make the factory sort it out and until then change that idiotic warranty clause.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up @murloc992 we will forward these images to the factory and have them apply a bit more heat/flux.

There’s nothing idiotic about discouraging our potentially inexperienced customer from bringing hot molten lead near a densly populated circuit board and guaranteeing any mistakes they make, our company will cover financially.

As far as the wires on the pcb go, I will agree with you.

However, not properly soldered connectors have been exhibited in multiple occasions in Unities as they come from the factory.

I am really interested to hear how exchanging them or making sure they are properly soldered (which would require the removal of the heat shrink) could damage an esc and be the reason for the warranty to become void.

Escs have been produced a long time before the focboxes and most of them did not even come with connectors.

2 Likes

I mean, the motor wires can be accessed only by removing the orange shield and by cutting the heatshrink, no chance of reaching PCB components @Deodand .

That’s all I did, mainly was interested after I saw the cold-soldered bullet photo, but what I saw - matte gray joints with two wires dangling by a thread didn’t really boost confidence in the product. Gladly, it’s an easy fix to anybody who has a soldering iron, some solder and flux if needed.

In fact three wires were like that:

From left: 2,3,5. Especially 3.

I did not take photos after cutting the shrinks sadly, as I did resoldering instantly after seeing what was up.

Disclaimer: I have platinum warranty and work with electronics every day so no risk tbh.

Hey guys, I just recently updated the firmware on the unity to the latest one using the windows program and now I’m having some problems. When I press the on button, the light on the switch doesn’t go on but the lights on the unity turn on for about 5 seconds and then turn off. If i hold the on button down the unity will stay on but wont be able to connect to a computer or phone through Bluetooth. In the computer program it says “serial port error: the semaphore timeout has expired” When I try to connect through a phone it says “cannot read version firmware” Has anyone else had this problem? I’m not sure what happening or how to remedy and would love some help.

The bullets/wires are actually ordered pre-assembled separately and then our factory solders them on. So interestingly it’s two separate issues there to solve.

It is disappointing to not see a nice wet solder joint though thanks for the image.

This is not urgent at all but I sent back my Unity to @barajabali as per Enertion support for a replacement/fix. They said they will be shipping a unit from China when available. Should I interpret “when available” as when batch 3 goes out or do customer support requests get some priority? I can’t ride for a while so it doesn’t really matter to me but I thought I’d ask here to keep the support line uncluttered. Thank you Enertion team, I hope to test and enjoy your product soon.

Hey guys, the new release of the UI/tool is live

Windows UI Download

Windows Tool Download

Android

I am working on an offical mac release would should be live in a few days :smile: that’s how slow this old mac is.

Main additions are better motor ID, better BLE stability, traction control, remote CAN shutdown, and some added config settings for ramping times and traction control in the advanced settings menu for the remote.

17 Likes

Nice thanks !!! Does this update fix the cutout problem??

1 Like