FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

Shoot me a pm with a link to the motors and battery you are using and I’ll get you sorted out

4 Likes

I’ve been having an issue where when I go to start Accel the motors attempt to go the other direction then the controller disconnects and i have to hard reset everything to get back running again. This seems super scary considering I like to ride down a lot of hills. I’ll try to remember to capture the fault of there is one just curious if anyone else has has a similarl issue

I have a strange power cut issue on the raptor 2.1.1 Under high throttle conditions, and when I hit bumps, power cuts off. I do have 1 hot motor lead wire, I believe this is the issue… We’ll see.

The other issue which cropped up last night is the board won’t turn off. I didn’t get it wet inside at all. I charged it overnight and now the power won’t shut off. I replaced the switch and the problem persists. Even if I unplug the switch, the power comes on as soon as a the bat cables are plugged in. Where to look for issues?

This is my daily driver AKA no car, so it’s dire.

1 Like

Hey all I have a diyeboard 10s5p battery. Keda 190kv 6364 2000w 90a max motors. Im running 36t/16t wheel/motor pulleys . what settings would optomize my setup woth the unity ? Thanks in advance

Can you use the reverse as the break (like the boosted does) with a PPM remote on the unity?

1 Like

Theres a setting in remote config. You can swap between accel./ reverse accel/brake

1 Like

Sure…

Motor min/max 60 … If u really wanted more u could inch toward 90… But youd need a way better battery anyways…

Battery max then min… 50/ 20… I think these are decent values given the battery

1 Like

Thank you what abour brake regen and braking current??

What type of connector does the unity switch use? These? @CarlCollins

ACTOO JST SM 5 Pin Connector LED Power Male to Female SM Wire Cable Adapter for 3528 5050 LED Light Strip 10 Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GGJGB7Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IAzSCb4932HDP

That’s the 20

1 Like

@Deodand I am little unsure, can you please enlight us? :slight_smile:

Yes all vertical white plastic connectors are jst-ph 2mm pitch except for the 3-pin PPM (remote) connector which is jst-xh 2.5mm pitch.

7 Likes

if i have any feedback on unity construction is would be to make the wiring longer for the switch. its kinda short once attached to a case.

1 Like

Have there been any delivery issues with these. I ordered mine but given the long lead times with supply i have cancelled and now am awaitimg refund .

1 Like

We have refunded your order as I told you that I am going to refund it 100% even if you are out of the initial 7 days safe zone and also you told us that our T & C doesn’t have any legal standings. You are not being funny but it’s kinda funny and ignorant as well :slight_smile:

Also, I have even offered you that we will ship it by the end of May and you will get it before the Mid of June as you said If it’s possible but even though you keep denying it. You don’t even try to confirm with our live support before ordering but still as a gesture of goodwill, try to work this out so you can keep your order and have the product.

Let me clear one thing for sure, Every E-commerce system/online sales platform has a Terms and conditions which have legal standings and it’s mandatory to follow it when you do purchase from their website. In your case, you have agreed to that terms and conditions at the time of order placement already so you are not able to deny it. (If required, I will share the screenshot to prove this point).

Have a good day

3 Likes

Cheers Carl looking forward to getting this back in my account

1 Like

@Deodand is there a feature like in the ackmaniac firmware where reverse works but only after releasing the break and pulling back again? This makes breaking much easier but still allows for reversing.

1 Like

@Deodand I have also been trying to fault find the issue of one motor stuttering and cutting out on full acceleration for almost a month now. Dual SK8 6374 192kv. Any news on when we might see a fix released?

1 Like

It was released yesterday

@Deodand I tried to find an answer myself to don’t give you another question to answer. Basically I would like to know if and when you will release a telemetry app for Unity. Probably by using the internal module. I think this aspect will really make Unity outstanding compare to all the other VESC for being complete. Thank you very much.

4 Likes