FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

I pushed my board without being on it, that worked.
Anyway I hated the push to start meepo ESC, it was way too easy to engage it and could have led to trouble if your remote would sit in a pocket pushed. Let alone the annoying beep.

…but now i have to ask… why would your remote be in your pocket AND turned on? …but the boards off? =P if my board is laying flat on the ground that usually means its ready to ride at a moments notice haha

1 Like

You are right. I got into the habit of always turning the remote off. I think the meepo manual says to do that idk.

1 Like

Sometimes I like to push in pedestrian areas etc. All kind of shit can happen. Once I put my board just down on the street and the ESC engaged before I pulled out the remote.
Give the feet push a try, worked for me.

Just to be clear the push to start feature is hardware defined (not software) so a hardware change would be required to adjust threshold unfortunately. There’s probably a way we could change the hardware to make it more adjustable for future revisions. I have a few ideas to test. The push to start was just kind of a bonus feature that came with our switch topology, personally I find the autoshutoff to be much more useful since I’m a bit forgetful :slight_smile:

We prioritized preventing the switch from drawing passive current in the off-state over allowing it to be software controlled.

3 Likes

What is required to make push to start work? Does it work on belt driven boards or only hubs?

Kinda depends on your setup, the most important parameters would be theoretical top speed of your build and passive rolling resistance. Essentially you need to push to generate a few volts of back emf, so it depends on motor kv (V/rpm) gear reduction and wheel diameter as to what speed you need to push and sustain for roughly 1-2 seconds while the system boots.

Hey @Deodand, any update on the sudden cutout during acceleration issue? (Really liking the Unity but this has me concerned) thanks!

1 Like

Tell me about it :smile: :joy: IMG_20190403_140222 IMG_20190403_141937

4 Likes

I think it will be fixed in the new firmware that releases this week ( I guess you have 6374+ motor and 190+kv) ?

1 Like

Wow, that’s a lot of unities :joy: I’m running 6374’s and 190kv.

@Deodand will the next update allow us to change the uart baudrate or is the only option the custom firmware ? I’d like to be able to use the second uart.

2 Likes

I second this. Well a little late now. Sold my unity today.

1 Like

Does the windows app allow you to change the baudrate on the uart where the built in Bluetooth is ?

Happens as well with the R-Specs hubs

1 Like

METR supports unity as far as I know. That app is awesome.

I need a second uart. My remote is on the first and I’d like to use the second for something else. There’s custom firmware to do this, just wondering this would be in the latest release @Deodand

I’m new to this so be kind…i’m building a 12s6p with 6374’s 190Kv can someone please give me the scoop on this connectors and wire size business. all of my research says it’s a matter of preference.

Is this related to the unity specifically or just in general?

both…primarily the Unity since I own one now.