FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

I need to improve the interface here,I’d go ahead and calibrate with the full tool so you can see more information and figure out what exactly is going.

Seems to go to 0 instead of 1500. That’s weird. It should be in the 1000-2000 range even when off… I have three and all act the same

Sorry guys… I just did the calibration again… now in idle… it stays at -9%, and when I power off the remote its just free roll like i want :slight_smile:

1 Like

Somebody forgot to pull on the brakes when calibrating… :smiley:

3 Likes

No forgot the push “save” :blush::blush:

3 Likes

Happens. Now go and free roll! Free roll forever! :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for the added help @murloc992

2 Likes

Just did a test ride… Very very nice… Love the unity… Awesome. So fast and easy to change settings with the Focbox app.

I have escapes (vesc 6 clones) on my other trampa build… And i must say that the Unity is more smooth to me, and keeping the motors cooler.

1 Like

@Deodand Hi all, new builder here. I have my Unity, and when I’m going through the motor setup (Sensor-less), I see an Error after the “Spin Wheels Forward” stating failure to detect. And when I go to the HUD screen after finishing and applying settings, once I get to maybe 20-30% throttle, there’s a popping sound. There is no load at the time. Looking at the bullet connectors, there’s charring on 1 of the three motor connects on each motor. I have the maximum at 60a both for Battery and Motor. Any troubleshooting ideas?

That’s all we want here and it to be fixed of course. Bad for business perhaps but that’s only because it’s not the norm.

The vesc firmware gets constant updates too still ironing out bugs as it goes along.

1 Like

Yeah :wink:

9 Likes

Amen m8…

Does anyone use Metr modes to change settings? I’m wondering if this is safe to use with the Unity?

Metr. works for me, but I have changed settings only once.

1 Like

Maybe double check you have good solder joints on those connections? Are you giving the wheels a good strong hand spin during calibration?

example of handspin here:

https://youtu.be/MqVXMM8iahM?t=367

Hi,

been rocking this unity for a few days now. still havent gotten push to start to work…and with pnuemies its more effort than i want… read some post that say you gotta push hard a good few time perhaps even getting up to 7-9mph? if so thats way too much effort… so as some have mentioned perhaps a “sensitivity” slider?? aside from that everything else is good!

1 Like

Please! Please! I really liked being able to kick spin the wheels on my meepo esc. Then drop it down and go. Sure, sometimes I accidentally turned it on but it had an audible beep to let you know.

1 Like

Man I haven’t even tried this setting because of the trouble I’ve seen urethane users having. I’m going to try out push to start tomorrow just for kicks (pun intended and landed)

yeah meepo was hella easy… a quick extension of the leg and it turned on, shouldnt be any harder than that!

yeah it tried on a part of the street that was a mild downhill so i could get a couple good pushes and hope to roll easier and even at low chill coast…didnt turn on =/