FOCBOX UNITY | Support, Setup & Troubleshooting

@Deodand Also with the same issue and unable to connect. Tried it with the power wires shorted to so its always on mode but no lights or anything still.

I would love to test the new firmware but…

3 Likes

Does anyone know what red and blue dim flashing lights on the unity means if anything? The unity went about a week without powering off and then stopped.

Got around installing the new Firmware, the low speed stuttering is gone even without having to play with sensorless ERPM transition!

4 Likes

I can confirm! cutouts at acceleration from stand still are gone by the firmware update itself (no settings touched).

@Deodand Thank you Jeff! Great work!

10 Likes

Too lazy to search. Can the firmware update be done by phone app or only computer?

1 Like

Phone too. Extremely slow, but doable. Do not let your phone sleep throughout that time.

4 Likes

Actually goes pretty fast (on my phone at least, if that makes a diff). Make sure your unity sleep time is high enough. If you get an error, simply try again.

1 Like

Supposedly this is fixed to not time out when updating. I still rolled my wheels every few minutes lol

2 Likes

Ah good to know!

Is there any way to measure your speed in the hud app? I dont see any options for gearing/wheel size so the speed in the hud seems pointless. Not to mention it only goes to 35mph.

Click the gear icon(middle right) on the speed/battery display. Click Test ERPM. Spin the wheel exactly 10 full revolutions. Set wheel diameter. Or first set the diameter, then spin. Can’t recall.

3 Likes

Glad to see these are beginning to get sorted out. I never reported, but I had the same issues as @Toughook. It would damn near knock me off but my stupidity kept me on just preparing for when it does happen. Along with a different motor issue I put mine aside. It’ll be nice when I can get home to test the new updates. Gotta admit, starting a month back in posts this morning had me scared sick (and mad I sold my focboxes), but I’m hoping things will be more positive going forward. I’ve been lucky enough at this point (sometimes pushing 30mph) with no helmet or shoes but it’s not if I’ll fall, it’s when. Really investing in A full deckoz safety setup. I’ll just have force myself to put it on every time.

4 Likes

Whatever you do ALWAYS put on that helmet! Please!

I have no issues anymore pushing the board hard after 23.44 firmware. I hope this is it and we can all enjoy our unitys from now on.

2 Likes

Enertion still recommends using USB and computer. Whilst bluetooth stability improved, I personally wouldn´t trust it for firmware updates. The Focbox Tool is the version where you have the most control and which is most similar to the VESC Tool.

1 Like

Agree. I’ve had the most success with usb connect vice Bluetooth. Sometimes I can’t even tell if it wrote to the unity with the Bluetooth (hangs or doesn’t give me the confirmation down below).

2 Likes

Well that would be good news. So maybe the shipping delay is a good thing - I let you brave guys figure out all of the firmware bugs before then :smiley:

I wonder if the new metr module fixes the Bluetooth connectivity issues with the unity. @rpasichnyk

thats another point I have to mention. Before 23.44 my stock unity BT module would loose connection all the time while riding. Now it stays connected.

2 Likes

I have a test metr unity and it works good after a few days of testing, it always have good connection and dont “freeze” when trying to write app/motor settings like the standard can do sometimes. But their is a baundrate problem that make it disconnect for a short time sometimes. I think they already solved it or is working on it. Easiest would be if they would allow with the app to choose baundrate for the internal Bluetooth to @Deodand

2 Likes