Focbox unity order delay?

Nvm, don’t want to speak for the man

I feel like at this point there might be enough evidence of bullshit on enertions side that any reputable credit card company would just give you your money back if you called them?

Just had a quick chat with Enertion. They sad there will be a 20% Cancellation Fee because the order is older than 7 days.

And they say that Shipping dates are estimates and they cannot be held responsible for anything that they state on the web page.

Great customer experience so far.

Edit: Sent an E-Mail to Enertion Support to get an official reply from one of the Support Representatives. However not happy at the moment.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is how it works, but wouldn’t reaching over enertion directly to your credit card company effectively get rid of the 20% money grab that Jason does?

That’s how I would do it…

2 Likes

I am not sure if I can go back to get a refund from many months ago from my Credit Card Company. Also I want to give them the chance to sort things out in a normal manner - I never had any issues with cancelling an order in the past it’s the first time that I get hit with a 20% cancellation Fee.

It’s not like they are making a customized product especially for me - they will have hundreds of other people gladly taking “my spot”. Or are they all “made to order” ? Wouldn’t surprise me to be honest haha

3 Likes

I would argue your card company would actually do it. I feel like they want to keep your business, and the product hasn’t been delivered yet. Imo, open and shut case… Up to you to try and get your moniez back

1 Like

I was quoted 10%, seems to be a moveable feast

1 Like

Ah well depends on the weather I guess

20% for canceling an order? :rofl: how about 20% to the customer who waited 6 months for his order…

4 Likes

No they say they are not responsible for holding shipping dates because they are only estimates… so if it takes one year… it takes one year… and if your order is older than 7 days - you better pay 20% cancellation fee… great terms

1 Like

Hehe. I’m tempted making an 10k order on unitys just to cancel them on the 6th day! Jk I don’t agree with your business model…

1 Like

I say there should be no cancellation fee on normal products that are not customized… Period

Strange practice indeed. Having a sales background I can only conclude that this is done to prevent mass cancelation upon further delays, which would endanger the finance of a subsequent batch.

1 Like

Orrrr they’re out of money and that’s why the keep preselling the batches to fund the next. Risky biz either way. They told me the cancelation policy came down to if they had already began packaging the unity. Best of luck to you man

4 Likes

Hahaha what a crock of shit. A 20% cancellation policy? Joke. Yeah, this sounds like a company that doesn’t manage its finances well and has little in the way of transparency and respect in dealing with its customers. I can’t imagine they’ll be around much longer if this is the way they handle business.

1 Like

the probolem with 20% cancellation charge is that every sucker agrees to it before hitting buy-it-now. The other problem is that said suckers (myself included) hit Buy-it-now in good faith and without a heavy heart. The ill feelings come later, much later, when delivery dates are not met and shipping promises are broken. Then finding out you are tied into your purchase because you bought something enthusiastically at first, only to get pissed off with the wait, is a very bitter pill to swallow. It is stupid business model, and the very inclusion of it in the T&Cs should really be a red flag. I have myself to blame here for being too trusting. Another problem here is that we all want to give people the initial benefit of the doubt, and it makes me angry that the goodwill of esk8 community is being abused by and with the false hope given at the start of the process.

I bought a 1st batch unity on release day way back in summer last year. Knowing then it would be a long wait. I understood this and accepted it. I then bought another (before even the first one had shipped) on Black Friday, supposedly on SALE and from a batch we were informed had already been produced, but didn’t receive this until March 2019. It was bullshit advertising to get revenue.

Then we find out that many of the units had issues and required FW updates to fix - but not before several serious accidents. The whole thing was a rush job, with not enough testing, and not enough honesty from the start.

I really want to like the Unity. It promises much on paper. Enertion have sadly soured the whole launch event for me and I don’t see how this is going to be fixed given the way the politics is unfolding in the background. Something has to give surely ?

7 Likes

If I want to crowdfund something I go to Kickstarter…

1 Like

They told us in school that in capitalism the owner’s get the profits because they made the investment and took the risk. Then AirBnB and Uber broke that by having the employees make the investment and take the risk. Then startups broke it further by having customers make the investment and take the risk. The owners still keep the profits. That part didn’t change.

Now we are expected to pay in advance for subsequent batches, not even the development of the product. If the product doesn’t arrive, we are SOL and we get to give them 20% for doing nothing other than advertising dates that are not real. At this rate soon we will have to pay our employers to go to work.

3 Likes

This is how class action lawsuits start

4 Likes

Ah good to know… right ??