FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Are you using a nanox? Dont forget you need to calibrate it everytime you power it on.

Turn it on, push max throttle and pull max brake. Then turn on the board

1 Like

Has there been any reported failures?

I have not seen a single reported Unity drv or any failure that makes it not work. That speaks alot about the product.

1 Like

Actually I’m not sure if I did that time. I have the board set to stay on for 60 minutes, so I have to power it down and back up again if I want to turn the controller off. (am I understanding that correctly?) It did seem like it was going straight to 100% under braking.

On that note can i upgrade to a remove with integrated auto reverse instead of manual switch over? Might be the wrong thread for that… sry

1 Like

I want to believe. But if my hunch is right, the universe will spite me and blow both of them :upside_down_face:

1 Like

What motor do you use ??

I was referring to the Raptor 2.0 motor.

1 Like

thanks you :slight_smile: because i want buy a lacroix and im not sure to wait for the focbox unity inside? :hear_no_evil: the thing to change settings with the phone is nice.

Since the new release of the 2019 VESC-Tool app it doesn’t doesn’t matter how many devices you put in an array. You can configure them all in one hit with 5 clicks only. Profiles will let you change settings on all devices simultaneously. Benjamin bangs hard to make things as user-friendly as humanly possible.

Do you understand that new 2019 VESC-Tool app is not compatible with FOCBOX UNITY and probably never be? Why are you writing this?

3 Likes

Because the user asked if he should go for two VESC based ESCs or the Unity. Both setups now allow a very simple configuration and convenience. Its a matter of software…

i can do it with the 2 focboxes same easy?

Yes you can. The convenience of configuration is not in the Hardware! It is all software based. Focbox UI is build upon the Open source VESC-Tool app and is modified to purely work with the Unity. It is a hardware specific version with modified user interface. If you go for Unity, Focbox UI will be your app. If you go for twin Focbox, 2019 VESC-Tool will be your app.

Both apps will let you configure your board with ease and on the fly via phone. Functionality varies a bit.

What I want to say is: Whatever hardware you decide to buy, software and app wise you will be sorted.

2 Likes

It’s weird that I like your messages better when they don’t have frank at the end , maybe I’ve grown a hatred of signatures due to emails and work.

5 Likes

ok thanks :slight_smile: i have the normal focbox with the vesc tool app in my raptor 2. but i have a problem. in april this year in germany are e-skateboarding legal. but only with 20km/h topspeed. :frowning: it would be nice when the speed is always on 20km/h when i turn the board off, for the police :wink: and when i turn it on and go in the app for make it faster with a few buttons. is this possible? thanks

1 Like

Yes, you can ad a permanent profile, that is limited to 20km/h. On power-up you board will always choose that profile. Since you can ad gearing and wheel parameters, you can define top speed in the profile by simply entering the desired top speed. You can also limit the wattage in the profiles. Drop those questions here: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/all-new-2019-vesc-tool-release/83619 This thread is Unity specific. VESC-Tool questions are better placed into the VESC-Tool thread.

I believe this is the way profiles are supposed to work if you select the use until reboot option.

ok nice thanks because i had a app before, the ackmaniack esc monitor app for the raptor 2 but i can only change the settings for 1 speedmode, the other speedmode was always the same. and i can not change it for always both speedmode on 20kmh.

When we can expect orders to be shipped as February is already ending and still no unity?

Order id: 23550 bought in november

4 Likes

I joined the new preorder for the unity and the remote. Since ive never built a board before i had a couple of simple questions. Does the battery protection negate the use of a BMS for a 12s battery pack? What about a bluetooth or wireless bluetooth module, is it designed to be an all in one ESC, or are the features better bypassed in-leiu of these separate additions? Space is limited on my build so planning around the size of this ESC and my battery are key for success.