FOCBOX UNITY | Official

They don’t feel that different to me when at 10 to 20 percent, the predictability of the curve gets strange above that in stock firmware with sub 100mm wheels.

That curve is backwards. You want an S shape. This curve makes the throttle and brake more sensitive and touchy.

1 Like

I will place my ESC in the battery box in the middle of my board I use for my setup dual 6s 60c 8000mah lipo battery I run them in series dual 6374 170kv sensorless 2800w also I need to setup the focbox unity but I don’t know how an what settings I should use also I want to disable the reverse function should I go to an professional or can I do it by my self if I know the right settings sorry for my bad English.

you select foward/brake in the ppm mode config under the remote config

1 Like

On the brake side, do the opposite.

1 Like

what is better on the focbox unity to the normal focbox and is it a must have? thanks

Btw, which of these axis is for input and which is for output? Axis titles would be nice to have in the tool. As @billappleton mentioned it makes quite a difference if the curve is “backwards” and without titles it’s an easy mistake.

There is a negative sign next to the left and bottom of the graph

I was talking about axis titles for input and output, negative signs don’t help much there. I would assume it’s the same as in the VESC tool but since the titles are missing it could also be reversed, eh? kuva

1 Like

Agreed. I only have learned by setting max values and testing myself. I was shocked the axes weren’t labeled

@chris201 no it isn’t necessary, a lot of prime run 2 focboxes. However, the device is a wonderfully crafted piece of art and the ability to jump on my phone and wirelessly program the board mid ride is fantastic. The compact size really helps with looks and/or stealthiness. I highly recommend getting it. The price difference is negligible.

1 Like

Wrong user?

2 Likes

lol he tagged the wrong chris. He meant @chris201

2 Likes

I just love you so much I wanted you to be a part of the convo?

Sure let’s go with that

I think this will help a little :slight_smile: In the upcoming updates, we will add the labels officially. And both values set to 25%-30% will be best 2019-02-20_1827

7 Likes

The ability is not hardware related, but software related. Can be done with any VESC based design. The new VESC-Tool configures multiple VESCs as if they are one device. It’s all in the software, not the HW.

Yep, but as I stated in the other thread, I won’t be buying from you.

I wrote my review of this product, not others.

2 Likes

You don’t have to! No one said you need to. @chris201 asked about F-Box Vs Unity when I remember correctly… Again, it is all in the software, not the hardware. Configuration is a software solution and with the new VESC-Tool you can configure multiple linked ESC with a minimum of clicks, just like a single unit. And it doesn’t even mater from whom you bought the units. Just plug in a dongle and that’s it.

FOCBOX UI is free :slight_smile: Have a wonderful day Frank.

8 Likes

Hi Carl someone over there needs to maintain a list of change orders. The same issues are coming up over and over. Many are easy fixes. :slight_smile: not being critical but trying to help with process

2 Likes

I learnt what it feels like to lock the rear wheels at about 25mph for the first time today with very little braking input after going back up to 45 amps. Need to relook at all my settings. I also just wanna remind whom it may concern. Iphone app please.

1 Like