FOCBOX UNITY | Official

@Deodand how will we know when a new update is available?

3 Likes

@Deodand Will the error of the motor temp too high of the drive kit 2.1 will be fix in the next update ?? Thanks!

Yeah I’m working on it. In the interim you can set the beta value for the thermistor to 3900 in the temp settings menu and this partially addresses the issue.

2 Likes

Check this out.

2 Likes

Innovation I love it, endless mode starts about 2 min in

It’s only like $200 to unlock that mode in their app :laughing:

1 Like

Wow that is amazing, pulled this off the web: “So you pay $1,200 for the Mellow Drive S, but its software limited to 15mph / 6miles of range? In order to unlock certain software features on the board you’ll have to shell out a lot of money. Endless Ride mode alone may cost you $300+ for a software unlock… Thats a standout feature for their brand thats now behind a DLC pay wall.”

1 Like

I bet they spin it as a safety feature, I’ve not looked into it but I could see them saying “You get the board and ride slow, when you feel comfortable you can upgrade the ride and enjoy more features”

Same story goes for most oscilloscopes. You buy a cheap device and then you have to pay for unlocking the software features ( or just crack it, lol ).

Software upgrades are usually justified by more storage, more users, more servers, more support, etc. in this case they have intentionally crippled a hardware product in order to get additional revenue by removing a software lock. Where is the justification?

When this first released Months ago I had the same reaction too , then I thought of it as a developer. The software side has labor and a price too. And since it’s digital work there’s less materials to based it price upon and more so labor , time R&D/Testing of said software. So if they felt that the time taken to develop Endless Ride and the other modes are the price they want, then I’m not mad at them for offering a model that strips these features and offer it as such.

Hmm that didn‘t do much in my case. I can‘t feel any difference, still bad climbing performance. I hope the new firmware does a lot more.

It’s $200 if you buy the mellow S system that’s a slimmed down version, if you get the mellow drive kit it comes with all the software unlocked, I’m hoping that’s what you meant, because it’s not locked on the regular drive, just the S version. image

1 Like

Oh interesting, thanks for the info :slight_smile: that is a bit better.

I saw about a 5% increase in sustained current changing the Beta value vs a 25% increase with the combined FW changes.

1 Like

That sounds good! My board had other issues too (right motor was getting up to 30c hotter than left under load), battery sagged to 10% on an incline (like 85% before the incline started).

Yes I am no small guy, 95kg but my poor little exway did a better job uphill with me. Must be something wrong with mine. bara sorted it for me and it is going to be replaced.

Are you all still on track for early March? I am so freaking excited to replace my meepo esc.

1 Like

yes man

10chars

2 Likes

Free cookies to anyone who can help me set my raptor 2.1 up. I have the thing wired in, and downloaded both what seems to be the old and the new focbox software. I can get the motor tests done, but can’t seem to go much further. Can anyone help me?

2 Likes

Happy to help you! See my PM

2 Likes