FOCBOX UNITY | Official

And that is all you had to say.
It’s funny how you chose the other company that charges the earth to ship though lol Oh and Maytech are negotiable on shipping bulk too btw. Look at the US companies that offer free shipping to the states at anything over $300. This sort of thing will endear you to the lesser markets such as home. If you read your pm’s then you will know I once asked you to not ‘evolve’ but I take that back because oh look!

I’m not doing this to deliberately piss you off my friend because again if you read your pm’s then you know that I respect what you have done but spitting the dummy whenever someone criticises you is not good business and this forum is full of potential customers as you well know.

1 Like

Can I get a refund for the past ten minutes of my life?

12 Likes

Moderators take 10 minutes off read time :joy:

5 Likes

Pulling this from back before the shipping drama… But do you know what you will be marketing this as? Will I be able to skip the waterproof enclosure on this and mount it outside of the deck? Or will I still need to keep this inside which negates the nice heatsink design.

Thanks

This stuff will be a second line of defense against water encrosion. Definitely still want to keep this thing safe in an enclosure. Main issue here is regarding connectors. Would have to use heavy duty automotive connectors for an external design and it would drive the size and the cost much higher.

2 Likes

What would it do to shipping cost though :thinking:

:joy: I couldn’t help it. It’s looking like a good product for a reasonable price :clap:t2:

1 Like

I know this is kind of off topic but everyone is talking about shipping charges

Let me answer it in two ways (if necessary)

First as Enertion representative

As per the last 5 months history of shipping items from China to all over the world We have chosen many shipping companies/courier services like 4px, DPD, SF Express, Local post which charges low shipping but there is no definitive or estimated delivery date on it also some of the orders have taken more than a month to get completed.

People starts to complain about it even though they agreed to the situation earlier which is quite unsettling.

That’s why we decided to only use express shipping lines to eradicate that wait and non-definitive delivery ETA issue. The preferred courier is DHL, FedEx and UPS express services. I know it’s little off if you guys have to pay expensive shipping charges but we can do something about it if you contact Enertion support before placing the order. Via Live Chat or Support Email (Specially for Bulk Shipments or group buy orders)

My Individual opinion and comparison

I have ordered many items internationally and I personally face different shipping quotes with different shipping companies like Singapore post, China post, 4PX, FedEx, SF Express, UN-Line, AUSPost, UPS, USPS etc

and the shipping was nearly close to Enertion’s quoted ones. So If I have to order Unity I will be less concerned about shipping charges.

I think it is better to get Unity shipped using DHL express as it’s secure, and have definitive timeline for me.

Let me know if you guys have any questions

3 Likes

Guys if you are so angry about shipping costs just wait to receive the 11% code by mail and it will reduce the cost of one unit to 260 $ ( 220 €) and it’s an amazing price IMO. You won’t find anything like it elswhere, it’s an amazing piece of technology, not like the dual flipsky. Thanks enertion here you take once again my money

3 Likes

He he, I was only joking. I thinking shipping is more than fair, the price is good and the product looks great. Everyone wants stuff for free on this site sometimes :flushed:

DPD is not available in China… It’s Euro shipping company…

Also then you guys use UPS, DHL, Fedex and etc, the cost of paying after receiving item is freaking huge especially in Europe, for e.g. I bought simple single FocBox it was shipped with DHL… I had to pay 50£ for customs agent fee (20£) custom fees + vat fees. So these express shipping fees appearing after receiving product on top of 30$ shipping is huge… almost a separate focbox…

Using those express shipping it’s pretty easy for companies as you just ship and forget because of 100% delivery, but for simple people it’s pretty expensive, I should suggest too look up how for e.g. Digikey using UPS and sent from USA able to skip custom fees and etc.

On what are you basing this? Have you tested it?

What I don’t understand is that Enertion has zero stock in Australia. Back in the days when the whole garage thing was going on, shipping was a negligible amount. I rather buy Enertion stuff from overseas and let them ship to Australia which is still cheaper than purchasing directly from Enertion …

Shipping on one unit (as I found out when I ordered mine) is reasonable. It’s P&P not just the cost of the DHL service I accept.

Think it was more than fair though to call out a certain Enertion person for the aggressive and wholy unprofessional manner in which the (legitimate in my eyes) complaints about the multiple unit costs were dealt with. Allowing these to just spiral out of control unchecked looks like profiteering. Defending that clear error in the manner in which it was appeared childish at best, and downright obnoxious at worst.

I’m still happy the Unity is imminent in 2018, and look forward to building an all new board with it at it’s heart. Easy to forget Enertion are not a big company with their pro-looking website and CGI graphics. It’s a cottage industry with a smal but global customer base, though I’m hapy it exists and is develoing new stuff for us all to use.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you are talking about DPD Because we have shipped many Raptor 2s in 2017 and early 2018 using DPD from China to Europe. There are many examples.

I am aware what you are trying to explain but for Europe it’s always a tough time for every shipping company due to changes occurred in May 2018 in their custom rules. We are always working on the ways to avoid custom charges but we are not able to promise that customer will not face any.

All we can do is provide the necessary documents (required to clear custom) and hope that there will be no custom charges on the shipment. So shipping is almost same for companies or for an individual.

In the end, we always keep exploring the channels, So there is a hope we will find some solution about the custom related situation and a better shipping channel in future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Start a discussion there are group buys going on and they are looking at doing 100 units and the best you can do is the same 209 for 21 units doesn’t seem like there is much room for discussion no matter the size of the order. I still think it was a bad move to up the price $10 and then blame exchange rates when the facts don’t back up your reason. Just be straight dude about seeing the big profit of raising it $10.

3 Likes

Not yet, but based on pure specs and the BOM. The unity only has upgraded components and based on the FOCBOX it only can be better overall. Just try to pull 80A constant with the flipsky, it’s impossible on paper.

unity can’t do constant too just few minutes :slight_smile: None of vesc without good cooling can pull 80A more than 10 minutes…

1 Like

For the EU group buy, it went from just under 20 people showing interest in the first day the thread was posted. The day the Unity was announced and before the Unity pre orders opened. Then once the price was increased €10 plus the shipping cost revealed almost everyone lost interest. So maybe someone else will find this interesting too.

This is for Germany. EU%20unity%20shipping%20scam

Unless you get 21+ units the savings from the group buy are negated by the added on cost of the shipping. between 10-20 units you save $28AUD per unit, but you are paying between $40 and $49.9AUD per unit in shipping. For the EU the best price point is getting 3 other people and going in on 4 units together, unless you can get 21+ people. And this chart is without adding on VAT and import duties.

This is the same chart with US shipping for a comparison.

US%20unity%20shipping

8 Likes

If anyone in the EU wants a focbox unity with warranty, I’m trying to sell enertion in store credit which would get you a FOCBOX unity with warranty. Keep in mind you still need to pay shipping. Letting it go for €230 obo.

2 Likes

Ill just leave this here.

4units%20vs%2021%20units

3 Likes