FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Yeah an update to the app will be out in a few days that should fix the display. The full tool is also available if you want to adjust those ramping times. It introduces noticable lag into your control if you set it high.

1 Like

Have you tried the ramping settings? I don’t know if it’s available in the unity, but on the VESC tool they do exactly what you are describing

2 Likes

It’s in the full tool available for download for windows.

My problem would be solved if I could completely disable the speedup ramping time? Because this seem to cause my motors keep going faster and faster to max speed even tough my remote is at like 40% or so.

1 Like

You may want to try out the other control types available on the VESC tool.

Maybe duty cycle could be closer to what you want.

What you’re describing is completely normal for Current control. It works very similar to a car gas pedal.

As @rsalmon said, in current control if you have no load on the motors, testing on the bench, the wheels will go to max speed with just a bit of throttle

@Deodand I know you got your hands full but when you get around to the Mac focbox tool will it only work on Mohave or will it work on previous OS X cause I am running El Capitan because I’m running CS6

If you look up the OSX that QT supports you should have your answer. This page lists versions but I’m not sure what that corresponds to name-wise:

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/macos.html

1 Like

Another question. Will we be able to adjust the “push to start” sensitivity? Right now it seems really difficult and it would be awesome if I could start up my unity by rolling the wheel with my hand or foot.

1 Like

@Deodand please answer the question, this is important :x

5 Likes

is it really? this has been possible with every BLE module so far (besides the new Metr) and has not been considered an issue. I agree it should be fixed if possible but it’s not like this was unknown.

Thank you for the link looks like the focbox tool is not supported

How is it NOT an issue if someone were to maliciously change your settings, turning them to the max and potentially injuring yourself and the board? Over Discharging lipos? Sending someone into the street?

There should be some sort of 4 digit key or something in the software of the Unity that is required to be entered before complete connection is established :L

2 Likes

I’m new to bluetooth modules, so if i were to connect to my unity via phone and then lock my phone, place in my pocket or whatever, another person with the Focbox app can’t connect to mine?

AFAIK thats how it should work - but @Deodand might shed some light here.

My guys @Spiritrunner47 and @DerelictRobot might be able to explain on this. Pretty sure they experienced the same with their Hoyt remotes also.

1 Like

That’s not the issues being addressed here. Everyone already knows that unsecure BLE’s were an issue, it was once addresssed on this very thread:

The argument is not that its a new issue (and no post above asserted such) but a potential issue. I can only imagine the possible liability that enertion could be in at a Raptor 2 Group ride where someone tries to configure their raptor 2 wireless but connects to someone else’s. It’s an issue that should be addressed as ESK8 grows. We build and ride for lasting solutions.

1 Like

It has always been an issue, which is why I only use METR modules on my boards.

Let’s not go down the rabbit hole of malicious intent - I’d imagine it being hard trying to reconfigure your unity via BT in a group ride with 20 other people riding with Unities. - At the very least, I know it’ll be a pain for me to find my Unity on the app, unless there’s a way to rename my Unity which I’m unaware off.

Am hoping that the Unity could implement something similar to the METR modules.

2 Likes

Having a default then custom pin code on the on-board bt module is in the works. The bt fw is updatable OTA and will be done through the app.

This feature won’t be ready in the next release (in the next week) but it will be done

7 Likes

this can potentially be implemented in every BLE module - even the HM10 modules can be set to require pairing with a pin code (I set some of them up that way for work) - I just find it funny that nobody cared and now they do. Maybe we should include @Ackmaniac to also support a paired HM10 in his app. The pin code itself can be set via AT commands on the module.

1 Like