FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Jason, mind your tone, will you?

People are excited over this product, otherwise they could care less about shipping etcetera. Even if there’s a valid explanation for the difference in shipping costs for EU and US, for the avg customer, it looks weird, and this would be the forum to ask questions, no?

@Deodand was handling the questions pretty good, so if these questions are that upsetting, maybe take a short break from the forum and enjoy the sun for a few minutes.

Respectfully yours, Sebike :hugs::yum:

31 Likes

I love seeing people complaining about the shipping, because now the rest of you can understand how the Aussies feel when buying things from overseas :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Screenshot%20from%202018-08-15%2017%3A55%3A58 the hammer comes down in 3,2,1

6 Likes

Yea you are right, I have never looked at international shipping from China other than what I get when I buy things on AliExpress. So I had to try and find some online quotes from shipping companies to see the difference. So far the only company that I found that I know the name of and had online quotes without having an account was TNT.

I don’t know the weight of a Unity so I just made a generous guess that 21 units would weight no more than 10kg. that’s about 475g for each unit with protection. I also made an assumption that they would fit in a 30 x 30 x 30cm box once padded with bubble wrap.

Chine to USA Express = 292€ Pretty close to the 312€ that the website quotes. I would even say spot on once you take packaging material and labor into consideration.

China to Germany Express = 286€ Have I done something wrong? I have looked at a quote like you suggested and I am getting a lower price than shipping to the USA, and a much lower price than is being charged on your website.

This was just the first and only site I have looked at. I am not china exporting expert but I am sure there are other options out there the offer just as good and even better prices for your customers that are waiting to support you.

2 Likes

I did take a break from forum… This is how I normally talk when people bitch about stupid shit.

last month our shipping bill was $47K, shipping is fucking expensive folks

1 Like

:rofl::smile: ok. I know you did take a break from the forum and I believe most of us actually enjoy when you get on here every once in a while.

But when things look weird and won’t add up, questions or “bitching” as you’d call it, is what one would expect. I know you’ve been talking a lot about transparency, which I bleieve is a good thing, and that must come from the fact that many of your customers care about what they buy, want to be well informed and want to make good decisions.

So us asking questions and you giving answers without telling people you’ll flag their posts (lol), is part of being transparent and giving good customer sevice imo.

I wouldn’t doubt for a sec that you have insane shipping costs and that you have to charge for that as well. Everyone’s fine with that as long as they understand = as long as you answer/ explain.

2 Likes

I’m going live now on youtube, please join in the conversation to ask any questions.

5 Likes

:sweat_smile:

What are these :eagle::eagle:doing here?

I don’t think many europeans going to be pissed about 45 days shipping when the temperature is below freezing point between november and january in 90% of europe. Who the fuck is going to ride in rain and snow at that temperature?

4 Likes

@onloop, who do we contact if we want to do a bulk buy from NYC?

1 Like

so I went to bed immediately after placing a pre-order of a single unit, feeling relatively pleased with myself, and accepting of a one off shipping charge that if truth be told wasn’t that unreasonable.

Then I wake up, check this thread and woah… what a shit show from Enertion. Very bad business practice to come on here and spout at potential customers who’ve done nothing more than highlight a blatant flaw (at best) in the shipping rates for multiple units.

I run a business that ships via DHL around the world. I know for an absolute fact what it costs to reach the far flung corners of the globe, and I also know that it doesn’t cost $800 to ship 20 or so mobile phone sized and weighted items anywhere, unless you’re paying for a slot on SPACE-X cargo bay.

Change your shipping rules to combine shipping to a reasonable and respectable rate, but moreover, and I cannot stress this enough, change your tone Jason. It’s not very becoming from a business owner. I’ll assume that beer and aussie sun got to your head during the product launch, but I sincerely hope you have a moment of contrition this morning when re-reading your posts from earlier.

All that being said, I’m looking forward to receiving my single unit, and hope it’s all that it’s cracked up to be.

23 Likes

You must be new to the forum - that tone is nothing new and has always been criticized by the users on here. It does not seem to affect the business in any way so why should he bother? Seems like he’s doing just fine so whatevs :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

reminds me of a certain president that doesn’t deserve to hold the position

12 Likes

well I’ve been around for 6 months or so, and seen enough of that shit before, just felt the need to voice it for the first time. It’s a shame as it puts you off the company as a whole and yeah now, whilst the industry is in it’s infancy, it doesn’t seem to matter, but in the long term - something all businesses should be looking to in my opinion - it just damaging for the brand.

I don’t expect a change anytime soon, but ultimately it will affect my decisions in the future as other brands emerge and mature (maturing being something Enertion’s PR department needs to do sooner rather than later).

3 Likes

I ride no matter what. I can’t just take off work or not go grocery shopping because there’s snow on the streets. Can you?

3 Likes

Damn @onloop. I would really start looking into not telling future business that they’re “bitching”. That’s just a part of business right? We know they’re bitching. You’re just not supposed to say it publicly. Get your PR to kindly take their suggestions and coach them into the purchase. Just a little business/marketing 101 :wink:

I would just leave this thread to @Deodand. He’s doing a pretty good job so far.

9 Likes

said it before and i will say it again leave the pr to people who understand it. Enertion has very good customer service reps. Carl Collins being one and now @Deodand has been very diplomatic and fielded the questions raised without missing a beat which will ultimately improve the service but the (and here I use a much loved aussie term) go and get fucked if you don’t like it attitude of the big boss man is funny as, really great fun. I’m thinking the pr staff are like “someone get him away from the computer!” :joy: The shipping is expensive and not in line with the rest of the industry Jason and you know it.
Flag away if you have to but if you do you will lose a lot of respect here and not just mine I’m sure.

10 Likes

agreed on the others you mentioned who appear to be a breath of fresh air for Enertion online. I’m thick enough skinned not to be offended by anything to come of the Big Boss’s mouth(fingers) but I just find it incredulous that someone could think that’s the right way to go about things. That picture you painted about his staff restaining him whilst he tries to get to his computer is funny as :joy:

Anyway, none of his vitriol was directed at me, and I only bought one unit with regular shipping which was OK. If I’d wanted more, I’d have looked to alternative methods such as a group buy etc.

Maybe he’s a decent guy if you meet him in person, it just doesn’t shine through on the forum…

3 Likes

No I just take my car or bicycle :smile:

3 Likes