FOCBOX UNITY | Official

I veto this. Your original post stated “unities”

You never said anything about “focboxes” “regular focboxes”

Just unities and self nipple eating/mutilation.

1 Like

Does anyone know what it means ‘first batch’? When are you considered as in batch 1? Seems how it is written that fi last week you were still in batch 1. Whats the cutoff date? (i have 2,or actually 3 on order, both weeks apart.) :+1:

Bookmarked. Ill be watching the calendar and the mailbox

3 Likes

:frowning:

Stupid question? :no_clue:

No stupid questions here, just stupid people! @brenternet Just messing around.

Real answer:

22 Days ago (11/13/18) @onloop said they’re almost sold out of the first batch. I can only assume this is the rough cutoff date for first/second batch. I placed my order on Halloween so :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

I’ve spent about 30 minutes scrolling through this topic. Damn I can’t wait to get my hands on the Unity. Can’t stand the cutout issue of the Flipsky 4.20 anymore. :tired_face: Might be a bit overkill for my budget build, but fuck that I want to pull the throttle and braking hard up and down the hills in my area, while enjoying the quiet of FOC and laughing at Boosted Leaf-blower Board.

1 Like

Same here brother, the flipsky 4.20 bugs are incredible. Ever since I rode the Lacroix with the Unity in it I was in love in how aggressive I can throttle without any issues what so ever. I can’t wait to get all this power… >insert Palpatine meme here<

4 Likes

7 Likes

When you install the Unity in your build for the first Time:

17 Likes

Perhaps this is why my build is delayed…I tell myself its cause I want to make sure my battery is perfect…but is it cause a unity should be on my doorstop soon?

What would you guys do, wait for the unity, or build with 2 single foxboxes? I can always hold on to the focboxes for later. I also have a DieBieMS for this build too so I don’t need the switch on the unity.

They look nice . But does this requires BMS or its actually included inside the box?

you will need a BMS

Hey guys, been refining the firmware for the unity, you may recall one of my previous nerd posts:

Well I implemented the idea yesterday and tested it today, here are measurements from the scope on the ripple voltage across the legs of one of the bulk caps:

Here is with the standard FW: image And here is with the updated FW which pulses motors alternatley: image We can see the frequency has doubled from 20 kHz to 40 kHz but the amplitude has been halved. For this experiment both motors were loaded with FOC openloop at 5000 erpm and 60 amps:

This should really help to smooth out the spikes on the voltage line that can cause potential faults :smile:

18 Likes

I hope you remembered to activate the send alive button Jeff.

1 Like

@Blasto kept telling me my firmware was broken because he wouldn’t push the damn button! The result is this friendly reminder.

@Blasto you penis

3 Likes

What were the responses to @brenternet?!?

Seems like something good happened and I missed it all.

Haha no, you can see what they were by clicking the little pencil.

that is where the PEN IS :kissing_heart:

Edit: not my best joke ever sorry :sweat_smile:

9 Likes