FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Any word on when these are going to ship out to the people who preordered first?

1 Like

pretty sure it’s shipping December with the raptor hubs.

Above in the huge wall of text above he says they should be out this week or next…

1 Like

…thanks…

IMG_8381

7 Likes

Must be the enclosure.

4 Likes

That gasket is so nice. Did you use a whole sheet, and xacto out the cavity?

Yes, posting a build thread AFTER I ACTUALLY RIDE THE BOARD

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

What vesc is that? You almost can’t see it as its obviously painted red.

6 Likes

Dont forget to heatshrink the female portion of your adapters

Yup. A few people asked how they were made. If you get a 5.5mm and 3.5mm set of bullets, you will find that the wire side of the male 3.5mm bullet can be forced into the wire side of the 5.5mm female bullet. Might have to drill out the 5.5mm size a little. Then just hit them with some solder.

2 Likes

Any word on when these are going to ship out to the people who preordered first?

Just kidding… there is frequent updates on shipping through this thread man. Scroll up a bit, I reckon the answer is in the last 20 posts.

(Apparently shipping next week)

Edit: I see it’s you providing the updates… so yeah I dunno man. I preordered in the first week, I’m hoping I get a shipping code any day now, hopefully by next week. I’ll be pissed if I don’t get it in hand by Christmas.

1 Like

Last I heard units were being boxed up tomorrow, not sure what the delay between boxing and shipping is but I can’t imagine very long.

I’ve been super busy with my work, giving lecture tonight to the class I’m TAing and huge end of quarter project stuff. It is going to be really tight between getting all the software tools polished and uploaded before people have units in hand. I’m going to focus on just having something ready in time (how annoying would it be to not be able to test your beautiful new controller) but know that within the first month of launch there will be a lot of extra features coming in. Torque curves might be one thing that won’t have a proper UI in place for instance but I’ll do my best. I’d rather implement the extra features slowly and correctly with as few bugs as possible as opposed to throwing in a bunch of last minute stuff that is untested.

I’ll try to also have the full tool ready for computers so if you’re experienced and want to go deeper into the settings you still can.

21 Likes

image image image

29 Likes

mmexport1543371017003

9 Likes

A box of FOCBOX boxes!

12 Likes

14 Likes

6 Likes

Can I get measurements of the box…I want to copy it :joy:

7 Likes