FOCBOX UNITY | Official

News letter is linked 4 posts up.

Also somebody posted why 2 comments up…

Here it is again.

2 Likes

We have already explained about it in the newsletter, have you read it completely?

2 Likes

Did not see everything my bad ;p

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile:

Just confusing! There is probably something else along with this problem. You got those reports of failure, you had unities in stock using the same Firmware and hardware.Once the software problem is detected, addressing it doesn’t necessarily mean through every single Unity in your stock (updates and testing can be over just a couple of units if not one, since they all use the same hardware. Of course except if the problem is also hardware, where you will have actual components to swap). Once testing successful, the same firmware is then applied to the whole stock, which can take just a day depending of workers and procedure. But here I’m!:man_shrugging: Mach, april, may, june, and now july. OOhh probably half of july then august on so on. And my Board rusting.

1 Like

I’m still excited for the Focbox Unity, and understand delays happen when producing a quality product, but is there an option to be refunded for the amount originally purchased if it doesn’t ship out by the end of July? Or is that possible to do now? I would happily re-order at the full price once everything has caught back up.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s possible to get full refund. 20% cancellation might still be applicable.

Hi Carl,

Are the units which are supposed to ship before end of this month still on track?

2 Likes

Here is the latest news about the Unity shipments: https://us8.campaign-archive.com/?u=947da884abd94ce4872b0ec29&id=55a575dfa2

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

They really couldn’t BCC everyone?

That’s what I’m seeing in your post, right @SanderG?

4 Likes

47 guys have now the opportunity to get in touch easier :laughing:

3 Likes

Its all about getting to know new people with the same interest :grin:

4 Likes

Apologies mate! I was setting the things up for my Gsuite and didn’t realized that emails are on CC not BCC. I hope you guys can spare me this time :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Its fine to make and sell your own ESC based on the VESC or UNITY/FOCBOX so long as :

• You also release any files you make that are derived from the vesc source files with the same opensource licence.
  • You dont use the name “VESC” as this is a trademark that Vedder holds the right use. You can call it watever you like and say that its derived from the VESC but you cant call it a VESC.
1 Like

Unity is not vesc based right?

It is VESC based.

This is the source code for the FOCBOX Unity. The FOCBOX unity is a dual brushless motor controller that offers independent control of two motors from a centralized MCU. This code is based on the Vesc® Open Source Project: http://vesc-project.com/

You can see it here:

1 Like

Most info about replicating/using/improving the project can be found here http://vedder.se/2015/01/vesc-open-source-esc/

According to VESC ETHOS “For this reason the code of VESC-Tool and the VESC firmware are published under the GPL V3.”

for more reading on the GPL V3 i recomnd checking the Wikipedia article

This might be difficult because although the Vesc software, firmware and schematics are available they haven’t released the hardware designs. This is specifically to stop exact copies and encourage people designing their own to do there own hardware designs.

Screenshot_20190619-231416

Ouch :frowning:

1 Like