FOCBOX UNITY | Official

I can give you a $487.67 discount code for that if you need?

2 Likes

thanks! but i got a discount code too, i think if you load their cart and wait a while a discount code is emailed.

anyway, got them on order…now we just wait.

2 Likes

For the Chinese New Year to start…

3 Likes

has there even been an write-up of the changes that were added from 4.1 to the present 6 versions? something readable for people who know only the basics of circuitry, and then we’d know what we were looking for. Id like to read a comparison of whats currently out there. how are flipsky and or maytech comparing to focbox and the 6 and the other lesser known versions that have shown up here on the forum? are fake bits a worry or can they be spotted with the right tools?

1 Like

Wow this thing looks freaking cool.

I have a couple quick questions,

is there transient suppression on the switch nodes? (i.e. will the drv8301 blow up at fully charged 12s when running Field-Oriented Control) (and for that matter, high side node clamps?)

Are there filters on the phase voltage resistor dividers? (i.e. can I up the switching frequency on BLDC mode to 40kHz?)

1 Like

Thanks for this pinout, can you give details on what all the connectors are, including the motor bullets? Ideally all mating connectors would be included in the kit.

Servo connector is 0.1" JST XH connector. All others are 2mm JST PH connectors.

Bullets are 3.5mm bullet connectors like current focbox and power in is an xt 60 connector.

Personally I recommend picking up some mt60’s which mate nicely with the phase lead bullet connectors and help prevent shorted phase leads. Would be great to include all the breakout connectors but not everyone needs them and you’ve seen how angry everyone gets over increased price :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, maybe its worth offering a connector pack? I would certainly pay $20 for a full set of connectors rather than spending hours and multiple orders trying to buy everything.

EDIT: I just looked at the MT60, they look great. Do you use an MT60 on both ends, or just either the VESC or MOTOR side?

Yeah, I agree on the connector pack option completely. Maybe we could offer some kind of add on purchase to throw in your cart and save time.

Typically I just use the one with male pins on the motor side, then stick it down with some double sided tape close to the Unity to ensure nothing pulls loose.

1 Like

I think most of us have cars

These look super new, not even on Amass’s website. The flat form factor might be nice for some builds.

7 Likes

oh, yeah very nice. I’ll order some.

LoL I had one too :slight_smile:

Sounds as quaint as a myspace account now, in retrospect. Too much pollution and BS

In some situations I’m sure you can replace a car with an esk8, but I’d say the vast majority still have a car.

Also regarding pollution… electric cars exist :wink:

3 Likes

@Zac13 don’t fall into Peter’s trap arguing about cars

4 Likes

4 Likes

Screenshot_20180822-160403

Is as if time stands still in aus

2 Likes

time goes in reverse south of the equator, didn’t you know?

yea, that timer used to count down, now it’s counting up.

i bet they didn’t hit their presale goals and are trying to stretch it as much as possible…

7 Likes

Being from South of the equator I would have thought I’d know that by now…

My guess – the whole mgmt team is in China busy with R2 production.

They gave most of the R2 buyers a $200AUD credit to compensate for the delays, so I’m guessing much of that went toward Unity. I’m guessing they did good with pre-order numbers. Jason said as much in one of those video updates.