FOCBOX UNITY | Official

Thanks @Moros I had interest in buying couple of unity. But being called a bitch and threatened to censor complaints regarding shipping I rather keep my hard earned money

18 Likes

Guys just food for thought but Enertion is a business and in place to make a profit. I know this may be getting looked over by many complaining. No one is putting a gun to your head and saying order or else. There is so much complaining about paying for the shipping. You have the ability to buy or not to buy wasting peoples time complaining in the this thread is completely useless to people trying to make an informed decision. BTW I’m not affiliated with Enertion in any way. Actually this will be my first purchase from Enertion.

1 Like

I Will post my opinion just because no one asked about It: Buy It or don’t buy It… Complaints are useless I don’t like being called bitch. I prefer whore. I find it sexy. It’s not like i am jason’s lawyer nor i defend his answers but honestly no wonder he lost patience. The deal is like that …buy It or close the window and move on…

6 Likes

Yeah It’s like going to a phony phone store and they tell you that you have to spend an extra 30 bucks on a cheap-ass phone case to get the phone at the advertised price.

Or like ryanair advertising Cheap flights in August saying they’ll be cheap but when you go to get flights (that you waited for) They stick you a 50 euro fee.

Sure the Phone isn’t bad Nor is the Boeing 737, But just The Bullshit can make you sick.

1 Like

You damn whore :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Your dollar is your vote. If the shipping is too high, don’t vote. /thread

6 Likes

Woot? :stuck_out_tongue:

Any chance for a connection diagram? What are all the connectors headings for? I’ve seen 5V 1A output mentioned but no where on the connections… Is it switchable via the firmware or ?

Hard to pre-order without knowing if it’ll work for my scenario :smiley:

Unity-In-Box-Setup-GuideArtboard-2

The 7 pin connector, can connector and hall connectors are all pin compatible with other vesc-based designs. The connectors in the final version are essentially the same just with an internal bluetooth module.

6 Likes

I could not order as Enertion will not ship to my region - western Norway. I got an explanation from Enertion and they have had bad and expensive experiences shipping around in Norway. They only ship to places around the capital (approx). I understand that there is no business case if it gets too expensive. However I also checked the sum of VAT and toll taxes which was as expected. I know the rules in Norway, and there are no «funny business». The cost of shipping should be about the same in greater parts of Norway, and the VAT and toll taxes are equal for all of Norway. I live in the second largest city in Norway (yes I know it is still small from a global perspective). It seems they’ve got bad shipping deals as I have always been able to order from other stores around the world. Even to really rural addresses in Norway. I wish Enertion could «unlock» shipping to all of Norway. But I guess the deal is off anyways. I hope Unik or some other European distributor are going to sell these at an ok price. The product looks really exciting!

when will they actually ship? Sounds like it’s still in development.

Wait Until European reseller got them in stock…:wink: Maybe it will be easier to deal with them since they probably have more latitude toward shipping.

1 Like

i recall them saying november or something like that. which probably means around jan 2019.

3 Likes

We are ordering the production samples this week before the large batch order. October would be optimistic but November is more likely.

Just haven’t made a nice pinout image for the latest design.

1 Like

Sweet! Thanks! Yeah I was hoping for a bit more pinouts to do some ‘minor’ accessory work. Love the two servo options, could have some fun with that! IDK if I want to be pulling power off the COMM bus for my project. I’ll have to ponder this :slight_smile:

Is the Fused one SMD or something like an auto-fuse and end user swappable?

Thanks! Phil

Little 0603 SMD fuse. Possible to swap with a 0 ohm resistor if you have some soldering skill and want to live dangerously. 150mA at 40V is 6 Watts though so should drive most things.

A word of warning we moved the Servo 2 output to a 2mm spaced rectangular header. We are developing a new remote and its reciever will have a nice home within the Unity case. You will still be able to access the PPM2 input/output if you needed it but the connector won’t be the same as pictured here.

Summary: PPM1 connector will be as pictured PPM2 won’t.

1 Like

Are not all going to raptor 2.1 first?

We will order enough units to fulfill both raptor 2.1 pre-orders and Unity pre-orders with the first batch and then extra on top so they should be in stock when pre-orders ship.

1 Like

But pre orders raptor 2.1 I expected to ship 3nd of September and this November? Or is raptor 2.1 delayed?