FocBox Unity | Hall sensor issue | Hall detection problem

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem like You @Buxzzix. Each symptom which You described I have with my Unity :frowning: Have You guys found solution to resolve this issue ? @CarlCollins could You help us?

Sorry for the late reply.

Months later, I now own a unity of my own, so I know what I’m talking about forsure compared to my earlier replies drawing experience from flipsky escs. I’ve experienced this issue a few times, two real solutions:

1. Keep switching phase wire configs until it works. I don’t have 100% success with this

2. If that doesn’t work, running without sensors will fix the issues. The focbox is good at controlling motors without sensors anyways (better than a normal VESC) so this is fine

Hi! I have a similar question…

I’m using the unity with un-sensored motors, and once in a while it acts like its lost the motor position on the right. Jerky startups are expected but while riding it, it causes a dangerous jolt when the right motor stops suddenly for a brief second. A bench examination shows (when it happens) sometimes the right motor even spins backwards!

Is this a problem with my phase wires or motor? Could I try replacing the 1 motor with an identical sensor-ed motor? I’d hate to see my unity bite the dust

thanks as always

I am able to help you guys if you guys are facing same issues till now, PM me so we can do something about it :slight_smile:

Hi Carl! So glad to hear from you!

I’ve actually solved that problem and have another question! the “jolt” i mentioned was caused by a short in the faze wire from the wire coating getting abraded in 2 areas.

Now the question is I’m trying to set up a battery meter, a brand new one, identical to one ive used before, through the 2 pin aux port just like before, and it just won’t light up!

Some guys on this website told me to “fuse and switch” the meter to main power line but I don’t know what kind of fuse or switch to buy!

Is there an easier fix than this? I’ve checked for obstructions and the meter is functional. Or could you at least show me what to buy?

hope your doing well, Karl

10char what?

it’s 5 over on phorum dawt EEE-ska-eight daht noooz