FOCBOX Pilot | New open-source universal remote by Enertion

My body is ready ! Awesome work guys

1 Like

You mean your walletā€¦ :joy:

3 Likes

Nope :joy:

I love the idea of of using magnets to offer resistance, super novel and innovative, this is a definite GET for that alone, so much easier to modulate pressure than position, very very interested to see what it feels like in the hand. The rest of it looks super cool as wellā€¦ Talk about up staging Trampaā€¦ My body is also readyšŸ‘

1 Like

Haha. This is the third time I try but.

Good one :joy:

1 Like

Ok cool thank :clinking_glasses:

Love the design and the concept. Canā€™t wait to get my hands on this controller.

1 Like

This design is very impressive, but whatā€™s more impressive are the detailed explanations given for all of the design choices made. I really appreciate this because it opens peoples eyes to issues they didnt know were there and would not have thought to look for in other remote designs.

9 Likes

what if oneā€™s primitive monkey brain canā€™t get a handle on using thumb throttles?

1 Like

Have you tried thumbwheels with longer throw? I find nano-x twitchy but get along fine with the ownboard remote. I prefer trigger for control but thumb works better with gloves and going in and out of pockets.

1 Like

yea i keep hitting the trigger accidentally and getting jolted.

so thumb controlā€™s better for that reason but i just canā€™t get the articulation i get with the trigger.

2 Likes

You had me at 236% :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Does the Pilot need recalibration like the Nano-X does? This is my biggest QoL annoyance with this board and Iā€™d really like to see that changed - I mean, even two completely different brands like Boosted and Backfire donā€™t need calibration, so Iā€™d love to see Enertion go that same route.

1 Like

IIRC the Nano X used a potentiometer and the pilot does not. Instead it uses multiple Hall sensors, so Iā€™m fairly certain no recalibration is needed.

Absolutely will not need re-calibration after every power cycle.

7 Likes

Thank goodness! This remote is shaping up to be a SOLID upgrade! How about the materials? The render makes it look like a plastic/rubber build - how does it differ from the Nano-X or has that yet to be determined? I wonder how an aluminum remote with rubber contours would feelā€¦

1 Like

I will sell my first born child for a Dev kit @Deodand

as for my own input, iā€™d like to have rubber-like material on the ā€œtrigger.ā€ my thumb always slips back on those plastic triggers, especially in warm weather. do more people experience this?

7 Likes

Iā€™m surprised that people are hating on the aesthetic. I think it looks amazing. The only way to one up this for me would be a power-glove form factor so you can wear slide pucks and throttle by clenching fingers.