Focbox in FOC mode

thats sad to hear

Actually my brakes increase very smoothly until i hit a certain point and baam it slams them all the way… how is that? any ideas? :slight_smile:

Lower motor min by a bit

1 Like

I always keep this handy when programming my vesc

4 Likes

Lol I have this exact screenshot!

1 Like

Guess I’m not the only one :wink:

thanks mate will try straight away haha

1 Like

Easily the most useful screenshot I have on my phone…

Thanks @Ackmaniac

1 Like

Alright, jamming the brakes at low speed is a thing of the past! Though i am not too too happy yet because now the brakes at mid speed seem to have gotten a little too weak and i dont wanna increase my battery regen because its already at 2C. Will tweak around more with the values i guess :slight_smile:

One question though: If i tweak around with those values- will i have to repeat the foc detection process every time, or are those independent of each other?

those are independent

1 Like

No need to redo detection. Make sure you use firmware 3.29 as it has a bandaid fix for the brakes.

Ok guys i actually still have questions… for example this post

Take a look at my VESC settings:

My motor

products/electric-skateboard-motor-5065-260kv

My batteries

Do my settings seem legit? I do like hard acceleration that’s for sure. But don’t wanna ruin my batteries or anything else like the focbox haha.

Also: Is there a way to limit the max erpm in foc?

oh you’re using BLDC tool, forget my last message then. For stronger brakes inversely match your motor min to your motor max. You don’t need to limit eRPM, but it’s on the page you posted if you want to for whatever reason.

1 Like

That’s probably how I killed a FocBox…but just one even though the other is set the same. I checked the motor for shortage and it was fine…anyone have any idea why one would fry but not the other?

Sounds like your FOCbox was just faulty

1 Like

But it says for BLDC only above those settings

Sadly yes, whether you get a rock solid focbox or one that dies in less than 10 miles just depends on luck.

Should i be using that upgraded version of bldc? it actually makes that much of a difference that youd have different parameters??

Ah woops, it’s on app config > PPM > RPM soft limits.

I had a much better experience on vesc tool 3.xx firmware on FOC, than on 2.18/2.54

Ok i am a little daunted by flashing the firmware but i guess i’ll have to do that as well :smiley: Is there a vesc-tool for mac?