Focbox 3.5mm bullet connector to 5.5mm motor connector

Uhhh pretty sure lol, one of the Enertion support guys also told me this directly.

Nothing special, donā€™t have much experience its my first build. Going to make a thread when its complete probably, have a single drive using the mech. kit from diyelectric, focbox, 6355 190kv torqueboard motor, and i have 4 3s 5000mAh lipos which im going to do either 6s2p, 9s or 12s

Tbh i just want it to work for my first build, not too worried about getting crazy speeds .

uh, lets hope they will work :frowning:

In case anyone else runs into this, I found a potential solution while I wait for my 3.5mm bullet connectors to come from china. The ends of my multimeter leads (the part that plugs into the jacks on the multimeter) fit perfectly inside the 3.5mm focbox connectors with a solid seal. I just cut the end of the wires and soldered it into the 5.5mm female connectors and i have a working adapter, which kinda 90ā€™s but you can just turn your focbox to line it up.

Will post a pic later.

@hillripper21 can you post this pic? Im running into the same issue and bought the smaller 5.5MM connectors by accident with the intention of replacing the focbox.

phase_wires

Hereā€™s a pic, so just cut the test leads after the 90 degree plastic parts and solder the 5.5mm bullet onto it. Then the ends fit snuggly on the 3.5mm connectors from the FOCBOX and can easily be disconnected too.

1 Like

I made 6 x short 3.5mm to 5.5mm cables so I donā€™t void the warranty on the Focbox.

2 Likes

If anyone is making these still Iā€™d like to purchase 6

What gauge wire did you use? Thanks!

What are some of the products people use to make the motor plugs one ā€˜solidā€™ unit? I canā€™t find a picture of what I mean, but so itā€™s just two separate plugs, similar to how an xt-xx plug is, but for the phase wires :slight_smile:

MT60 MR60 connectors are like XT60 connectors and are 3 pin. The 3.5mm connectors on the Unity attach to those connectors.

2 Likes

Any for 5.5mm? :thinking:

I donā€™t know what you are asking. If you are asking is there a 3-pin connector in the style of the XT60 that has 5.5mm bullets integrated, then I donā€™t think so.

1 Like

If you get a 5.5mm and 3.5mm set of bullets, you will find that the wire side of the male 3.5mm bullet can be forced into the wire side of the 5.5mm female bullet. Then just hit them with some solder. I do not believe that anyone makes these, or at least I canā€™t find them.

2 Likes

I donā€™t remember, but the gauge was decided based on the smaller bullet connector (3.5mm). Whatever the thickest that fits in the 3.5mm (Itā€™s either 12 of 14).

1 Like

Sn4pz is this what you are talking about? https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/amass-mr60-connector-looks-pretty-good/66443

1 Like

Yep! But with xt 90s for high amp builds :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like