Focbox 3.5mm bullet connector to 5.5mm motor connector

This…

IMG_20180719_180042IMG_20180720_151350

2 Likes

I ended up soldered them together to make an adapter… I just did that because I didn’t want to void any possible warranty with the motor controller or motors if they failed. It worked out great. That was months ago and I’ve had no problems

Ok I think I’ll try this, did you put wire in between them or no?

@Andy87 I’d rather avoid changing anything on the motor wires or focbox wires to not have any issues with warranties

@SeanHacker I don’t understand what you did sorry can you explain. You stripped the ends of the focbox then just soldered them into the female connectors on the motor?

1 Like

Nope, no wire… I had to bend some of the end of one of them off so it sits flush against each other… I just used flux and it worked great!

You can cut off the 3.5’s. Strip the wire. Solder on the size bullets you need to use. Done deal. Very easy.

Check it out. I made one quick for you buddy

muBR%20obJRsWws0ET9M7NxgUASPkbQKQ6mHKZ6RhEQVGwcvnnrQv0RV20htdiiY0GhA AeLQu8AuSd2ViZYzM4BBXw zNa0AnzaRjOcOs7Xmz6Zpg

5 Likes

Looks good! I’ll probably go with that, just need to find somewhere to get bullet connectors quickly haha, build is almost done and don’t want to wait ages for Chinese shipments.

Thanks for the help everyone

I found a local hobby shop that did rc cars… also amazon has them. Prime it baby!

What are you making? Up some pics

Might cut away the 3.5mm connector and solder a 5.5mm instead. The lesser bulk, the cleaner, and better…! Right? :thinking:

It voids the warranty for the focbox. If you don’t care about that then ya by all means its probably the best solution

oh, what? did i void 2 warranties 2 days ago?

Uhhh pretty sure lol, one of the Enertion support guys also told me this directly.

Nothing special, don’t have much experience its my first build. Going to make a thread when its complete probably, have a single drive using the mech. kit from diyelectric, focbox, 6355 190kv torqueboard motor, and i have 4 3s 5000mAh lipos which im going to do either 6s2p, 9s or 12s

Tbh i just want it to work for my first build, not too worried about getting crazy speeds .

uh, lets hope they will work :frowning:

In case anyone else runs into this, I found a potential solution while I wait for my 3.5mm bullet connectors to come from china. The ends of my multimeter leads (the part that plugs into the jacks on the multimeter) fit perfectly inside the 3.5mm focbox connectors with a solid seal. I just cut the end of the wires and soldered it into the 5.5mm female connectors and i have a working adapter, which kinda 90’s but you can just turn your focbox to line it up.

Will post a pic later.

@hillripper21 can you post this pic? Im running into the same issue and bought the smaller 5.5MM connectors by accident with the intention of replacing the focbox.

phase_wires

Here’s a pic, so just cut the test leads after the 90 degree plastic parts and solder the 5.5mm bullet onto it. Then the ends fit snuggly on the 3.5mm connectors from the FOCBOX and can easily be disconnected too.

1 Like

I made 6 x short 3.5mm to 5.5mm cables so I don’t void the warranty on the Focbox.

2 Likes

If anyone is making these still I’d like to purchase 6