Xtla | wheels pulley

You mean abec?

Yep or apparently the stupid clone wheels I have :grin:

:joy:, i donā€™t have it.

1 Like

Right! Well probably with heat shrink is gonna work also on original core.

I want to buy the original abec, but i donā€™t like the green :sweat_smile:, but if i go with the black one, Then iā€™ll have another black :laughing: (boring) :yum:. Think about the red metroboardā€¦hmmm

Otherwise buy a cheap clone with small spokes for testing. I got mine from diyeboard

1 Like

The pulley Will use this japan bearing, NSK F608ZZ. image

2 Likes

Nice, are those at the same level of the ones @Hummie uses for his hubs?

What the bearings? The company? NSK are one of the best but itā€™s very easy to buy fakes

Yes the bearings. I see the brand is the same. So thatā€™s why my question.

So are these probably all fakes? https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20181001042422&SearchText=nsk+bearing

Yeah the brand is very good. And I am not doubting xtla is buying fakes. Iā€™m just bringing up a problem that someone might not be aware of

https://www.stopfakebearings.com

Yeah Iā€™d say so, thereā€™s probably a good amount of legit sellers in Europe so I wouldnā€™t worry.

1 Like

Actually iā€™m not sure if its genuine or not, it cost me like 4$/pcs, The quality looks good tho. Then how do we know if itā€™s genuine or not. The seller stated made in sweden :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ok here goes.

If itā€™s cheaper than the cost of what the legitimate bearings cost then itā€™s probably fake. I havenā€™t searched this bearing yet but Iā€™m pretty sure NSK can check if your bearings are legit if you send them pictures.

But it probably doesnā€™t matter that much because you are prototyping

1 Like

Will check about them, thank you for pointing this out! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Also, NSK make their bearings in japan. And Iā€™m not sure if they make it anywhere else

You could avoid needing bearings altogether if the insert was slightly longer, and used a retaining washer and three screws - a la APSā€™s pulley design. Food for thought.

1 Like

Also core confusion

@JuniorPotato93 has covered this before

Yea, if look at the picture it shown japan, but the bearings shipping from china, for the cost they are higher then the aliexpress. Iā€™m not sure why they stated made in sweden and im about to ask them. Hell yea :joy:ā€¦