Florida ESK8 Meet Up, AUG 19, 2017 **RIDE VIDEO UPLOADED**

Glad everyone came out today. I had a blast!

2 Likes

did anyone get video? i was too busy having fun to remember to get some.

I got a short one on a slow section of the trail. It will not let me upload it though.

Just signed up for ESK8. My girlfriend and I have been eboarding for over a year and love riding all over Florida. I see you guys organized a ride event on May 7th; we would love to join the next one in Florida. Does anyone know when the next one will be? Is their a calendar link or do I just need to watch out of posts?

We are based in Tampa bay area. Please let us know…

Cheers,

Ty

I think it might be time for a new Florida event… @longhairedboy

3 Likes

Sadly we’re not that organized. We kind of just do it when we all want one.

1 Like

JoAnn and I just upgraded evolve carbon eboards, mine is still in the mail. I added my number to the map. So text (813 785 8058) me or IM me if you guys are planning another event. Otherwise, I will write a post if JoAnn and are wanting to plan a ride…

Cheers,

Ty

I’m guessing you’re at least 26? right? if not slightly older?

I can tell by the way you end your messages haha.

Lol, much older (46), but I act like I am in 20’s cuz i still play with toys and like playing sand volleyball and going off-roading in my Jeep as well. My girlfriend is 36…

I end my emails with Cheers, because I did some work in Europe and everyone says hello and goodbye by saying “cheers” kinda stuck and sound a bit more laid-back than sincerely…

Cheers,

Ty

Bring it.

Give me a date and i’ll be there with belts on.

I’ll also drag a few street urchins with me, i’ve met a few people.

Let me take a look ate my Calendar… 19 or 26 of August, sound nice, just not sure if it is hurricane seasons sown there.

fuck hurricanes. The 4pm thundershowers make most hurricanes look tame.

Let me tell ya’ll about hurricanes. I grew up on the coast of Mississippi. Camille ravaged my neighborhood before my pops moved in and knocked up moms. When I was two, Frederick tore a hole in our yard and dropped a tree on our neighbors house. When i was 9, Elena ripped up our yard and i had to pick up limbs for a week. I slept through most of it. Then there was Opal, George, a few others and then Katrina. Katrina was a nuclear holocaust to the coast of MS but everyone was looking at Louisiana because they blew thier seawall money up thier noses and got pwned by Neptune. I watched a house float down the street in front of me. Drank a case of beer on that one.

But these goddamned afternoon thundershowers will fuck up your whole week throwing limbs and squirrels everywhere, ruining esk8 testing, overgrown lawns, power outages so no netflix, and everything is just saturated.

Ok so in retrospect maybe hurricanes are maybe almost as bad and i’m just used to partying the whole time they happen.

2 Likes

OK… So… the 19th ?

And fuck Hurricane (specially the one in NC… hockey pun intended)

19th it is!

I will help gather the forces of Skatan.

Hey if you want to save on Hotel fare i have a couch. A really big couch.

Since Watt hours will vary, i suggest Gemini Springs as the riding venue. That loop is less than 8 miles. Pretty much anyone can do that run and its super pretty. We could also hit up a 15 mile loop that has a mid point in downtown Winter Garden where we could get pizza and beer.

that sounds great . i might not be able to make this trip as well . because of the delay of the r2 . i was a foul to make a group meet and skate the first time thinking i was getting the board back then . and now you guys are making another meet up and i still don’t have my board . im bummed out

come anyway. If literally nothing else is working at the time i’ll still have one of these HyperVipers sitting here and they’ve got over 900 watt hours and will totally keep up. If that sounds terrible you can borrow Ru and i’ll ride that fat ass board because i think they’re fun as hell.

2 Likes

thnx bud . ill def go . i need to hang out with the esk8 crew . ill def take you up on that offer . plus ive always wanted to ride the longhaired boy board . heard its a gem. what date is the meet set up for .

As @longhairedboy said come anyway I’ve got 2 raptor 2 :wink:

what no way . so ill get to see it before i get it omg now im giddy . lol

2 Likes

I wish I could come, same day as my move in for fall semester. And I have tendinitis in my heel…

1 Like