Florida ESK8 Meet Up, AUG 19, 2017 **RIDE VIDEO UPLOADED**

Shark Valley is cool, gotta watch out for the gators!

1 Like

ive been to Shark Valley on bicycle, but thats a great idea.I have to go

@Battosaii just letting you know, if youā€™re pushing you would fall wayy behind, idk how fun that would be.

Im in Miami

1 Like

Florida ESK8 Meet Up

May 7th, 2017 2:00PM Gemini State Park (@longhairedboy will link a map for parking)

All are welcome! Ride Legnth will be about 8-9 miles with a rest stop/charge spot about half way through. Reply to this post if you are coming and if you are bringing other people.

Iā€™m coming, just myself.

1 Like

how long will the total thing be? Iā€™m 2 hours away so I just wanted to get a rough estimate of what time I will be back.

Iā€™m about two hours away as well. Iā€™m expecting the ride to take an hour and a half or so including rest time half way. Maybe a bit longer if anyone wants to get a Coke and some fries afterwards with me!

1 Like

PARKING

There are two places to park.

PARK AND RIDE This is the park and ride just outside the state park. It sits directly on a segment of bike trail that goes directly to the park. If you have a higher watt hour board, as in more than 300 watt hours, this is where you want to go:

GEMINI SPRINGS STATE PARK aka Gemini Springs Dog Park. Ironiclly i donā€™t see a whole lot of dogs there, mostly people with balls and drones. This is the actual park. They also have parking. I figure the people with the lower watt hour boards may want to park there because the beautiful segment of trail that weā€™re showing up here for cuts directly through this park. Thereā€™s a pavilion near a field next to the parking area that has a few outlets for charging, and trail access is right at the driveway.

My suggestion is that we meet IN THE PARK but park our cars in either place. ITs about a 5-15 minute board ride from the Park-n-ride to the actual park depending on how fast you ride. Itā€™s worth it if you have the extra watt hours.

I will be there in a white LHB t-shirt with my crazy yellow board so i will be hard to miss. Iā€™ll also have my regular derp helmet with the red skull and crossbones on it.

Me and the fam are camping out at the park saturday night and doing some midnight trail riding with our new sets of Shredlights. That is also and option if anyone else would like to join up for that. Hopefully we wonā€™t be eaten by bears.

Iā€™m on a 177 watt hour board so Iā€™ll be meeting in the park.

Is there a reason not to park in the park?

no big reason. Its just a longer ride on the trail from the park-n-ride that some people might enjoy before the actual meet. Iā€™ll be parking at the park-n-ride and riding into the park in time for the meet up so we can corral everybody into a proper mob before engaging in proper mobbery.

3 Likes

Im desperately playing Dr. Frankenstein with my board to solve my heating issue. But Iā€™ll have it ready and be there!

UPDATE: Board is FIXED! OH YEAA!

1 Like

you poured ice in it like i said, huh? I told you it would work!

1 Like

even better! I added a liquid nitrogen tank!

1 Like

i put a heat sink on the top of my deck so i can just pee on it when the board overheats and keep going. It requires that i drink a lot of soda though, which causes me to gain weight, which causes the vescs to do more work which causes more heating, so i have to pee more, which means i have to drink more coke, whichā€¦

1 Like

also its confirmed that JAke and i will be camping out saturday night and doing a very sneaky night ride with our shredlights. if anyone else is interested, it might be a fun thing. weā€™re going to need some slower riders for bear bait though. any volunteers? you have to think of the greater good here you know.

1 Like

Its a never ending cycle! Link for the youtube tutorial on this??

1 Like

Primo law of the woodsā€¦you donā€™t have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the organ donor :grinning:.

2 Likes

PRo Tip: Walmart sells these 150 amp twin outlet inverters that will push a typical 4Amp fast charger provided you wire it directly to the battery. We have one in the RAV4 right now. It would also be a good idea to keep the car running.

1 Like