Flipsky FSESC 6.6 Dual Plus issues

@gee actually no my drv chip is fine. The flipshit factory received my bad 6.6 mini and said it was a corrupted software problem. They used an st link to reprogram it, said its working now.

did you update the firmware via the vesc tool then it got bricked?

1 Like

saw the warning on this when flashing my 2nd vesc. been having odd issues with my 2nd dual 6.6 mini 1st was perfect but 2nd wont run wizards and keeps reporting firmware mismatch across the can bus but if you move usb cable and connect version shows to be identical. work around was to manually configure and it is working but clearly a glitch in there somewhereā€¦ Anyone got the skinny on this yet or is it still evolving?

And you wonder why I and many others donā€™t trust your products. Millions versions, all with problems. And then you mention BTW latest fw is not stable enough and might reverse at high speedā€¦ Jesus christ, I use it as a vehicle, ride among heavy traffic up to 65 km/hā€¦ lolā€¦ Thank God for Trampa.

2 Likes

not in high speed reverse due to the strengthen of braking. Normally no big influence

YOu specifically say ā€œfw might not be stable enoughā€ How can you push a fw that is not stable enough? Do you understand what happens when a ESC cuts out, off or the system does anything else but what I want it to do? Most likely I will end flying head first and itā€™s just a matter of luck whether itā€™s the road I am landing or If I will hit a pole and smash my skull and dieā€¦ Maybe think about that, this is not ice cream you are sellingā€¦ You will cause deathsā€¦ just sayinā€¦

1 Like

I am certainly not trying to defend or insult FLIPSKY. Like most i come here for knowledge and experience and so far they have certainly tried to help me so no complaints there. In all fairness, look at the early cars, COMPLETE DEATH TRAPS!!! took a long time for tech to catch up. take lights for instance, as a safety feature, should have been there all along especially brake lights. Unfortunately it has always been up to the consumer to verify manufacturer claims about products. look at all the defective airbags killing people in cars todayā€¦ This is just 1 of the many reasons i am grateful for this site. so much knowledge available that manufacturers would kill or die for and us lowly end users can learn from each other. Much appreciated!

1 Like

If original VESC firmware developed by B. Vedder was used as it is on all regular VESC type ESC units, then there would not be any problems (presuming the hardware is quality and up to specs) Once you decide to go your own way you have to deal with the consequences. It took Vedder years of developing. Great example was Enertion and their buggy software. even after a year they didnā€™t manage to fix many of the problems. At the beginning there were cut outs, I eneded up crashing because of thatā€¦ Itā€™s money over safety and I donā€™t take that. Not sure why no one is making quality vesc type ESCs. The only option nowadays is the original Trampa VESC and maybe unity with a questionmark as it is fully stable now, but Enertion seems to be in the ditch so who knows whether you even get a warranty. They donā€™t answer to emailsā€¦ Similar story with motors. People would save so much money in the long run If they bought the expensive Trampa VESCs and motors. Not mentioning the safety aspect of having the best quality stuff.

2 Likes

Hopefully the new neobox will solve this

1 Like

6th ride on new board still working out the bugs. Relocated the radio to a plastic box and had no apparent interference issues. I did have a new issue, after about 10 minutes of riding, my speed would surge and pulse with throttle in same spot. No brakes applied but sudden burst of speed is scary!!! My top speed would fall off from 35 to 22 to 17 max until i stopped for a bit. i am pretty sure this is heat related as i was able to recreate issue by stopping and letting board cool the ride some more and about 10 minutes in it started again for at least 5 cycles. anyone run into this before? Still dont trust this VESC configā€¦it lies about firmware version over the bus so no clue what that is about. My 1st 6.6 plus vesc had none of these issues so i am a bit baffled. flipsy 6374 190 kva motors so should all work well together or so i thought LOL

Sounds like thermal throttling. Do you have a way to record your stats? Metr? That will tell you if you have a motor thatā€™s getting warm or an esc. I had the same problem with 6374 sk3 190kv motors on the 6.6 dual mini. I ended up switching to 6380s 170kv.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! yes same vesc 6.6 plus recently bumped up from 100 amp to 120 amp in esc so hoping that is just too much? Also possible i over tightened a belt. Do you think that could be causing the heat issue as well? still a new board so got some bugs and i tend to mess with things too much causing other issues LOL but getting closer

forgot to add, did not see this issue on 1st few rides so probably something i changedā€¦

Overnighted belt will cause big issues. What battery are you running? Also 120a Is waay too high for that motor. Itā€™s only rated at 85a.

yeah, my bad braking was causing belts to slip so i think i got carried awayā€¦ will fix tonight. batteries are huge 6s 28 amp hour 25 c X 2. so 12s 1 p. on dual vesc i think amps it total so only 60 amp max per side right? found new vesc tool out now so going to try wizard again.great advice, spot on dude i didnt have to call psycic hotline or anything LOL thanks much @Soflo ! I am an old electronics engineer but new to vesc so still learningā€¦

this just in, NEW VESC TOOL 1.26 and new firmware is out. I downloaded and updated firmware on both sides of esc. I was even able to run the motor wizard. Power cycle board and everything appears right again. re-tensioning belts for evening test drive now but think i am good to go. fingers crossed! @flipskytech01 you might want to remember this as it appears to have resolved my mystery comm issue where the 2 sides of VESC report firmware mismatch even when identical.

2 Likes

nice, looking forward to what your findings are.

test ride complete, all good now!!! Still have to do a longer distance check but short ride showed plenty of speed and power cruising at 25 mph hit full throttle makes the board leap smoothly forward as it should. Top speed is 35ish so yeah :slight_smile: no more surging while cruising at speed so that part had to be heat related. Spot on there @Soflo, thanks again for all your help. Big rookie mistake was over tightening belts. Lesson learnedā€¦

3 Likes

Glad it was an easy fix!!!

1 Like

this is also happening to meā€¦
plus sometimes only one motor responds or none of the two responds at all :frowning:

humā€¦ Iā€™m running VESC Tool 2.02 with latest 4.1 FW and Iā€™m experiencing this problem. It happens sometimes, not always.

Also Iā€™m also having random disconnects on the VESC Tool. Here are a couple of examples from the log: