FlipSky Dual FSESC4.20 Info/Review

You’re running 12s lifepo4 cells which equates to ~10s of a lipo pack for voltage, right? Have you run into any cut-outs with this setup? I want to run a 12S2P Lifepo4 A123 setup on the 4.20. Ideally with FOC. Have you tried FOC or only run BLDC?

Hey yes correct, lam running 12s1p A123 lifepo4, voltage is 43.8v which is close enought to just say 42v of a liion 10s pack, l have not expericned any cut out issues with it, when l frist tested it it did cut out but was because of my own mistake and me not setting the cut off limits lol, l did do a foc detection on the motors l have and was able to get the paramters but it was my frist time using VESC properly so l stuck with BLDC, l might test FOC in soon but for my current purpose l dont need it, but l dont see any reason it wouldnt work

1 Like

I am running FW version 3.38 using VESCtool 0.94 for both my dual 4.20 VESC setups… Have not experienced cutouts thus far… I tried pushing the throttle as I did a hill climb, nothing unexpected either… But that said I’m not a speed demon, just regular mortal speeds for me…

One of my USB ports came off on the 4.20 :frowning:

I have the same issue on two fsesc 6.6. I’ve reported it to Flipsky. I now only configure using the metr pro bluettoth adapter.

Yeah, had the usb pop out of my dual 6.6 too.

How do you change to foc or bldc? And how do you run motor detection?

1 Like

Using the metr pro module, i use the TCP bridge connection. image

1 Like

Can you do a quick run-down of your setup (motors, battery, amps setting, etc.) again? I lost track lol.

100% agree. If you have the space use the 4.12s. Cheaper, allows for redundancy and 30-50% more powwwaaaaaaa

1 Like

6" Wheels, 6354 190kv, 16/71 ratio, 65/-64/30/-15 97mm wheels, 5065 200kv, 15/41 ratio, 50/-50/30/-15

1 Like

When you say 30A max for motors do you mean 30A per motor or 15A per motor for a total of 30A for the entire board? 15A per motor seems kinda low, right?

FOC right? I have cutout with FOC but it’s fine with BLDC

Oddly my 4.2 duel wont run sensored BLDC on one side but runs sensored FOC (on the bench) fine. In BLDC it just cogs up the motor and hits maxabs. Runs fine in sensorless BLDC too.

That’s right, FOC. No cutouts thus far for me… Oh yes sensorless…

1 Like

I already have one Torqueboards Vesc, should l get another TB Vesc for dual or just grab a dual 4.2? I have a 10s setup

I think the general consensus is that the 4.2 isn’t as good as the 4.12 due to limited ability to deal with high amp draw

So its an issue with the hardware version? All 4.12 vsec layouts have less issues than say all 4.20 vsec layouts?

Just re-read the FAQ.

2 Likes

I had cutouts at 40 motor amps per side but at 38 motor amps per side i get no more cut outs (tested by increments from 30 amps up).

I am running 9s in FOC sensorless. 2x 260kv motor with 12/40 pulleys and 83mm wheels.

Current setup is motor: 38, -30 battery: 38, -8. The brakes are good enough to come to a complete stop going down a pretty steep hill.

I haven’t tried BLDC mode yet. I may have to, if people are having more luck with it as I need more power to get up hills as with full riding gear I am 240 pounds.

@ervinelin are you running BLDC or FOC? Have you gone full throttle as that is when I got my cut outs. It was never just cruising around. It was when I asked for as much as possible from the ESC.

1 Like