FlipSky Dual FSESC4.20 Info/Review

Set it to 30/-30/30/-10 and see if it’s any better.

1 Like

I’m sure this question has been asked, but did we come to the consensus that two single 4.12 is better or dual 4.20?

1 Like

I prefer the dual 4.20 plus, but as long as you stay at 30 battery amps or less the not plus dual is dependable.

Plus is out of stock :confused: the single 4.12 is reliable yeah?

I’ve never used one, I would assume so.

1 Like

For me FSESC 4.12 is reliable (still). I run two of them with 50A/-50A motor + 40A/-15A battery each and they work like a charm. I killed some of them but it was all my fault :slight_smile:

Edit: in FOC@10s

2 Likes

What settings would you use for two of them in BLDC?

i use mine in BLDC with Battery 30A/-8 and motor 50/-50, values for each.

1 Like

Thank you. Is that with 10s?

I run dual FSESC4.12 at 12s in BLDC. 35A/-10 and 60/-60

Never had any issues with them at all

1 Like

If you guys are willing to do a little SMD soldering, there’s a rather trivial change that allows the 4.20 to handle ±60A motor and battery current.

Swap out the gate resistors from 4.7 ohm to, if you have the original: 47 ohm, the plus: 22 ohm.

4 Likes

yes i run it 10s

1 Like

I just got mind yesterday and the vesc seems to only run on the right side of the PCB…

The LED doesn’t light up like the right side and I can’t find any switch to toggle the built in can bus…

Any help is appreciated :+1:

The blue led just light up for a few milliseconds and shuts off…

1 Like

Hello buddy! looks like you have a tiny tiny bride on the left drv ship. clean that up with a soldering iron and se if it works.

if you dont know what I mean have a look at 13min in on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A8nzc24Mzw&t=28s but skip the solder wick part just run over it with your iron

and while you are at it I would swap out the resistors on to some 22ohms. there should be a thread about it

1 Like

Do you mean here on the vesc? The circled up part :thinking:

IMG_20190322_233915__01

Yes charrrrrrr

So I just run my solder iron through it but I’m a noob, how do I get them off the PCB?

Yeah! jump to 16min in the video And make sure you have a nice clean shiny tip on your iron, and add some flux if that doesn’t help. Basically when the pins gets hot they will wick up the solder so to speak.

What would actually happen if theres bridge on the drv chip tho?

It is likely that it will work like normal as soon as you remove the bridges on the drv chip. something else might be fried but I doubt it.