Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

I am not hoping anyone to fail or etc I am just stating what I see. What I see is just copied the designs making them cheaper by substituting parts and etc. Sometimes even without knowing why they did it.

I would love if they made them based on original specs and make it same quality as ESCapes or etc, because I am bit tired of FocBox’es and would like to have ESCape quality esc available the on the same level as FlipSky ESC.

At the moment we are building several boards and I need ESC for them and I do not want to spend hundreds on VESC6 from Trampa like many of you. ESCape group buys takes some time and FocBox takes forever to get delivered. So if FlipSky on the same quality I would buy like 20 right now…

I am just trying to make them make a good quality product which wouldn’t have issue or design tradeoffs for decreased price. My ESC will not be available without next year like for sure so I am now depending on market available items and at the moments its pretty scarce situation.

3 Likes

Did you contact them asking why they changed parts? Most of changes are explained on their website. I’m seeing that they’re putting a lot of effort in making a decent product at a reasonable price. It is also normal that at the beginning to gain trust from customers they stick with a design that customers know.

Well then i’m putting my new 6374 4000kv motors on today @13s! :rofl:

9 Likes

Stress test!!! post result

1 Like

4000KV bro at 13S :scream:

2 Likes

If it can’t survive that we don’t want it! :laughing:

1 Like

not sure if 700mph is fast enough

3 Likes

Now I realized, at first I read 4000w not Kv. Probably it’s a mistake. Those are closer to the motors used with drones. Edit: @psychotiller are you going to build a dragster? :heart_eyes:

We would be running 16/40 pulleys on 107’s. Please correct. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Is that for your 9 wheel drive?

ok, that makes more sense now, just shy of 800mph, acceptable:

3 Likes

That’s why hubs are awesome n don’t have that limit and can go 3x as fast. That’s livin

1 Like

Holy crap pls don’t die we need you alive!

1 Like

We’re going to need a 100:1 gearbox lol

All the torque!!!

2 Likes

IMG_20180914_135802 Running 70 motor amps and drawing 40 from the 12s battery, runs like a charm. One thing I have found out, that only one side can be a master side, I had no ppm signal in the vasc tool from the other side. Can’t get the Bluetooth module to work, can anyone help?

Yeah, I can’t get the Bluetooth module to work either… It’s very weird. I’m wondering if it isn’t different wiring on the port?

I have the Flipsky 6.6 single unit and I got this schematic with it. The UART port is different for sure than the 4.12 VESC. Starting from the 5v you find first RX and then TX. In the 4.12 is in the other way round. So basically reverse the TX and RX cable. I think its there just to complicate the situation :rofl: VESC 6.6 IMG_20180915_100653

4.12 IMG_20180915_101250

11 Likes

I hadn’t even considered that… Thanks for pointing it out!

I wired a lot of Bluetooth modules that’s why I immidiately noticed :rofl:

2 Likes