Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

I wonder how different it would feel to a TB DD…

sounds like a project that would be replicated 100x of times, I feel like there are alot of people who have some hubs they dont quite want

I do not know honestly. I am making two DD at the moment. One with mad hub because it was my idea since the beginning to convert them. The second one is really from scratch. I have been using hubs since two years and I am fine with them. I really like the stealth look and the no sounds. I am not a belt guy for the moment :laughing:

I’m getting a float of ± 0.3 ( floats within a 0.6 range) on my 13s setup. Charge my battery to full once and read 54.3 53.4

Who know a bit more about that ?

4 Likes

Just looks like it comes with an integrated antispark (on the top you can see where the switch button connects to)

1 Like

There’s more roundy plug thingys

3 Likes

ha yes, like the new 4.20 dual, hope it’s not all

1 Like

My 6.6 dual is running well apart from the poor voltage reading stability. I’d happily buy another if they sorted it.

I followed up with Barbara about the voltage. She said its still being tested and didn’t give me more info. my 6.6 been treating me well so far (knock on wood) would def pick up another if they fix the voltage issue

1 Like

Ok, first DIY Build in progress…

So I’ve got Flipsky Dual 6.6 powered up, connected to the VESC tool, set up the motor, set up the input to Dual VESC Master…

Connect to other USB port, set up the motor, set up the input as Slave VESC.

Now when I use remote, only the one motor (MASTER) is listening… Both motors have passed setup from VESC Tool without issue, but I cannot get to control the other motor, only one is listnening…

What could be an issue, I have tried with dual CAN Switch ON and OFF on the ESC…

Only one of the green LEDs is blinking while operating the remote.

Thanks in advance

EDIT, I am using FireFly remote

EDIT2 - REFLASHED firmware — All Good NOW

3 Likes

So did anyone get a regular HM-10 Bluetooth module to work with these? I see people got the Metr one working. I have the module plugged in correctly, using 5v, tx>rx and rx>tx. I chose PPM and UART as well as dropped the baud rate to 9600. The BT module powers on and I get the flashing red light but it doesn’t show up in the VESC tool and I can’t seem to connect to it with my phone even though it sees it. Is there something else I could be missing?

1 Like

Try tx-tx and rx-rx (they are usually straight on VESC6 and derivative)

That’s how it was originally wired. But, I will try that again as I don’t think I messed with the baud rate when it was. All the posts I’ve read, including this one, said they should be tx>rx and rx>tx so I just assumed that was my issue. I’ll report back when I try it.

If you have a phone with Android 8 or higher, you won’t be able to use the HM-10 module

Incorrect. As long as its a genuine HM-10 module, you are fine. Its the counterfeit ones that have nerf’d up firmware that are the issue.

3 Likes

Ahhh so that’s why my $5 module doesn’t work. Got an eBay link for a genuine one?

I don’t, you can get them from @jlabs or adafruit

1 Like

I’ve read about the Android issue as well. I have a Pixel 2 which has ver. 9 on it but thought that issue was fixed. Also, shouldn’t it still show up in the VESC software? That has nothing to do with my ver. of Android as it’s plugged in via USB, right? When I try and connect with my phone it asks for a PW but will not allow me any further. I Googled the PW and have tried every length all the way up to 1234567890. I was able to successfully pair it once and that’s it. I didn’t get any data from it at that point either. I also have a legit (to the best of my knowledge) HM-10 module as I got it from @psychotiller when I bought my battery and enclosure. It’s the McCloed’s BT listed on his site if that helps.

I wish I had waited for this :frowning: image

3 Likes

say whaaat.

1 Like