Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Discussion & Findings

Quick update.
Took my board out for a ride today.
The 6.6 Dual continues to perform without a hitch. This is with default firmware 12S lipos.

I managed to push 72 amps motor 35 amps battery. Zero issues so far.

Ping me if you want detailed ride log. I can’t upload on post

1 Like

Looks like Flipsky is having yet another crazy ass sale for the 6.6… That price point… might grab another for 4wd build… image

4 Likes

:yum: haha true

As I always I am curious what end price of components if you can make this kind of sales :slight_smile: Or they just abandoning the ship and selling out the stock :smiley:

TBH… the cost of electronics are so dirt cheap in china. I won’t be surprised if they are still making a healthy margin on it. It could also be an aggressive market share grab move. Spending a big chunk of my career in eCommerce its not uncommon for goods and services to be push at cost or even at lost if the strategy is market grab. Who knows… but so far its been working, for me as a consumer thats what I care about. And of course… as a fickle consumer who is affiliated to no brands… the moment it pops the forum will know about it :stuck_out_tongue:

well main parts of vesc are not Chinese clones DRV/MCU cost like 5/8 eur each and etc things :slight_smile: But they shaved the cost of other components like a lot :slight_smile:

Ya it’d be interesting on how they got their cost down.

But at the end of the day, I’d like something that works and is affordable. And so far it works. I am also withholding recommending anyone from buying one. Folks who ask what ESC to get, my respond had been, If you have risk tolerance give the 6.6 dual a try, thats what I have now.
If you want something that works, get the focbox.
If you are made of money get the 6 from trampa.

It doesn’t hurt to have a new player. If the products bad I am sure the early adopters will root it out and they will be done in no time. Otherwise competition will only make the product more affordable and accessible to everyone.

Well I would recommend ESCape and then if you don’t have where to put money get vesc6 :smiley:

hows the pipeline to order?
heard good thing but supply is limited right?

They were being made by hand by @stewii but are being assembled elsewhere now and presumably this will increase flow.

The last group buy ended not too long ago.https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/escape-group-buy-professional-pcb-assembly/49720

if you want to take a quick look :wink:

1 Like

So… Can Tolerate Risk :: Big Budget :: Not in a Rush T :: F :: F -> Flipsky 6.6 F :: F :: F -> FocBox F :: F :: T -> Stewii F :: T :: F -> Vesc 6 Trampa

1 Like

How are you guys mounting this fsesc? Do you guys use anything to cover the circuitry? The circuitry is exposed and I’m afraid of damaging it.

1 Like

If it’s mounted internally there’s nothing to worry about if you isolate everything correctly. If it’s external and exposed to the elements well… I’m not sure I would recommend that :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

How should I mount it? Was thinking about covering it in foam padding and mount it with Velcro.

Don’t do anything to restrict the heatsink from venting is all I recommend… Some minor 3m dual lock around the outside edges should be ok…

1 Like

Probably my last “first impression” update (unless it fails on me in the near future) Took the board out for a longer ride this weekend. At this point I would consider the dual 6.6 “broken in” Its been a solid performer so far and done everything I have asked it to do. I had NOT be able to push its limit due to the lack of hills and the lack of courage on flat ground. I have NOT pushed my remote to the max at any instances and I’d be more then happy with the power that it was able to push.

Here are some stats: image

4 Likes

I constantly push my single 6.6 at 40 battery amps and 65ish motor amps (it never reaches the programmed 75A for some reason), The esc is enclosed in a 3d printed case, thus gets thermally throttled (at 85c) on longer hills, even if not so steep, unless you are prepared to go slow and not push full amps. I got a good 200 km- ish on the esc. I am happy so far.

Side note… man, on the same motor/batttery amps my monster with 225mm tires accelerates like crap on 1:5 gearing compared to my colleagues longboard with1:2.5 gearing on 85mm urethane wheels (also his motor is higher quality, but same size). Its insane

1 Like

nice! are you using the built in antispark to power on and off the vesc or an external one?

Since my esc is completely encased in the 3d printed hot-box as a fast solution to get me on the road, I just took out the button (seemed lame quality anyways), inner antispark is always open that way.

My bms has an antispark anyways.

1 Like