Flipsky 6.6 group buy IT'S ON. 120$ w/ 2 DAY SHIPPING AND TRACKING USA

Sign me up for two 6.6 please. I’ll fill out the form.

Singles 6.6 x 2 ~ $220-230 How much is dual? Space isn’t that much of an issue

this group buy is for the single 6.6s. if you add your name and everything on the end of the google doc i can get them out to you tomorrow. but its 230$ paypaled “friends and family” want a canbus…2 buck added. thank you! @Arzamenable

doug you sound like you know what youre doing. be cool if you could do a video of even the most basic stuff getting these things running on the computer. people write me asking. I dont have one running yet and will be some days.

Quick Focbox comparison. imageimage

4 Likes

doing it again. if you missed this one here’s the form for the next:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfjHRD3dvXkl3tPqU8s0XIgIRLZGUhz2tSO00jtipXtAnmYhA/viewform

1 Like

I didn’t find my city listed on the usps invoices.

Would you pm me the tracking?

Thanks for the fast shipping and the candies!

I appreciate you organizing these group buys, if I can help you out in some way, please let me know.

1 Like

need you to fill in the google document and then i can get it to you tomorrow https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15zL9TMBrtBopL2oDom942RwOFrlIfFwpZQfjadIxVtg/edit

DIFFERENT TOPIC For Group buy round 2.

Now my question Has anyone gotten to use these yet can you comment on the performance?

1 Like

@Hummie, I’m not so sure about a video, but I’ll post a little bit about it on my build log, here…

1 Like

Ok, the first thing you need to do is take out the 3 screws that hold the heat sink to the PCB, put threadlock on them and put them back in. They are finger-tight at best and no locking at all.

– EDIT – the screws are plastic. Threadlock isn’t going to do much good. Also, they aren’t probably strong enough to hang the thing from the heatsink like I thought they were. Hmmm. Needs more brain.

There are 2 holes available in the heat sink which I intend to use to mount these drivers in the box. So what I’ll end up doing is mounting the heat sink to the base, then putting the PCB back on and putting the original screws back in with the above mentioned threadlock.

3 Likes

Instead of loctite, you could use rtv silicon as substitute. Would work just as well as loctite and won’t eat through the plastic

3 Likes

can you tell us about the overall quality of the soldering or anything else?

i dont think most of the heatsinks come with those extra screw holes. i plan to mount them using the 3 screw holes already used, was going to get longer screws and bolt it to the enclosure.

This is probably a better idea. I was debating some sort of strain relief on the other side like a block of firm foam. Still haven’t thought this through completely.

If the screws are plastic because they need to be electrically isolated then you’d need to either use longer plastic screws or screw to an isolated enclosure (either plastic or plastic inserts).

My initial impression of the board is ok - they didn’t clean the flux off it, I found some solder shards between pins that could cause a short and 2 of the caps have migrated right into each-other and soldered themselves together. They also used Tantalum caps which have a tendency to explode when mistreated. I wouldn’t use Tants in a drive system but it’s entirely possible that the design they based this on used them.

So it might be prudent to give the board a quick once-over. The board itself looks pretty good - the soldering job is ok.

I’ll put it under the scope tonight and see if I see anything else.

5 Likes

IMG_20180821_225729

@Hummie thanks! I have never tried a Riesen before.

3 Likes

Now you have a reason to try a Riesen.

1 Like

they are still the best chocolate chew in the minds of someone who is obsessed with chocolate. the germans do it better

2 Likes

I used to love these things until when I was 24 I had my wisdom teeth pulled out. I wasn’t able to smoke so my friends got me some weed edibles. Which led to the munchies. And then mindlessly eating an entire bag of these and giving myself some of the worst dry socket I’ve ever experienced in my life

whats dry socket? i must have it by now. is it a brain thing?

It’s where you end up pulling the blood clot out of an open wound in your mouth basically resetting the healing process