Flipsky 6.6 group buy IT'S ON. 120$ w/ 2 DAY SHIPPING AND TRACKING USA

Thanks for dropping in to share your experience with them! Have they stated any upgrades that they intend to put out for the switch failure? Will using a different switch avoid that failure?

Good of them to provide replacements for free plus that dual unit

@BarbaraZ @Hummie can we get the updated ones? Or word from flipsky on how failures will be handled?

(ty @longhairedboy)

I wouldn’t expect them to give away too many design or fix details, people usually don’t unless they’re trying to market themselves rather than their product. These guys seem to be driving a different kind of hard sell.

hitting up builders and begging them for feedback… like literally every day… on devices they send out for review for free means they are serious. I would expect them to either fix or have already fixed it. There have been times where i was like “look, the motherfucker doesn’t fit in my boards, i’ll let you know when we build a go cart or something…” but they kept at it so @Jayx ended up with them on his giant surfboard sized rig so we could break them and send feedback. He just bolted them on top side because that’s the only place they could go.

I’ve dealt with many different vendors with many different styles. These guys seem to be the put up or shut up type. They’ve earned my attention.

9 Likes

Okay that puts me at ease knowing that they just aren’t trying to shove some vesc that will just fall short of expectation when already in running builds.

Good to know that you’ve been thoroughly stress testing these, I’d expect similar customer service once these actually start getting to peoples hands from the group buy.

1 Like

what time is the cut off tonight?

i got some extra so its still on but 115$ friends and family or 120$ going forward. have to feed my family. heehee. that means me.

3 Likes

Still open? I wouldnt mind 2

Yeah is this still open?

Yup. Yup. N yup.

Do these require the switch to operate? or do they work like other VESC when you don’t have the power switch (i.e. turn on when power is applied)

im not sure i understand your question but these have a fet switch similar to the vesc6 but do require you add a simple switch (24v or i think maybe 12v works) to operate. i dont know much about them actually and hopefully someone else can explain/confirm.

https://goo.gl/forms/ctMWBhklPNl4oc4R2 please fill it in if youre in the group buy or fill it in if you want one of these and likely get you one of the extras that just arrived or will do another order once we reach the minimum.

im away and will be back to ship them to everyone on wed or thur (forget when my flight is now).

5 Likes

No good hummie I see a single radio button (clickable circle) labeled “Option 1” and there’s nowhere I can enter text.

ok thanks it should be good now.

still no good, use this one

https://goo.gl/forms/ctMWBhklPNl4oc4R2

3 Likes

thanks! duuu one day i’ll figure it out. please add your name to the google doc that thisguyhere just made. i’ll post it at the top of the thread too https://goo.gl/forms/ctMWBhklPNl4oc4R2 1

1 Like

Thanks, severe pwnage lol.

Filled it out.

1 Like

make sure you get your name on the list if you already paid and i’ll ship them tomorrow. there’s A LOT of people not on the list.

they look good, not that i really know what im looking at. hoping someone who knows something can do a “tear down” or something and tell us everything when they get them.

Did you get extra ?

they only sent the bulk of what i ordered and are shipping the rest later this week i think and without people putting their name on the list I’ll have to go through paypal to make sure i have extra right now. i did get a bunch extra though and think theyre shipping the rest later this week.

Just added my info to the google doc