Flipsky 6.6 group buy IT'S ON. 120$ w/ 2 DAY SHIPPING AND TRACKING USA

I assumed the bootloader was already installed. I’ll try that - thanks.

Thanks @BarbaraZ. It looks like the tutorial is standard, except installing the bootloader, which I assumed was already there. I’ll try that.

I am using the 60 firmware.

2 Likes

anyone got there’s running could tell us how they’re doing?

1 Like

I took them out for an embarrassingly short trip - I’m using them on my MTB build with 8" tires, so I took them out to a park that has a giant gravel parking lot and was cruising around the lot when I broke a weld and the whole thing shut down.

It was only 5 minutes into the ride, and I didn’t go heavy throttle, but they worked fine in the 5 minutes I drove them around.

I’m working on the board now (as in now that I have the correct thickness of nickle strip for my welder) so with luck will have a better report by the end of the long weekend.

[Edit 8:37PM Seattle time] board is repaired and ready for test! Also, beer thirty.

6 Likes

Thanks @DougM I’m extremely interested in any feedback about these VESCs

i was posting in the other flipsky thread but shouldve here. @evoheyax is maybe putting these to the best test possible running them maybe 6 hours a day delivering on his bike with a hub motor doing huge amps on foc with no shut downs and theyve been staying cool and he only has good things to say

1 Like

I thought @evoheyax was testing the 4.4 dual and not the 6.6 singles? Now I’m confused :sweat_smile:

There is 1 weird thing, though. These boards have anti-spark switches built into them, but I also have a loop key. When I remove the loop key, wait a few minutes and re-insert it it pops just like if there were no anti-spark switches. The boards correctly stay off until I switch them on, but it’s unexpected to have the loop key spark.

I still haven’t got these running but I read there’s a solder bridge that needs to be unsoldered, or was it soldered I cant remember, to integrate the antispark feature and put the switch on but if you look maybe above or on their site you can find it. @Wraith yea I should’ve posted here as the only testing I know of is with the 6.6. in my experience if youre running foc especially its worth it to go for the latest design.

The spark is caused by the inrush to charge the capacitors, and I think the “switch” fets are on the wrong side of the capacitors to prevent spark on connect.

That’s a rather major flaw.

Well it depends.

For those doing without antispark switches, one of the ways to deal with it is to disconnect the pack when not in use. You’d get a big spark here every time unless you used something like XT90S.

If you’re using an antispark switch, you leave everything connected, and the capacitors are always charged. The “antispark” part of the name refers to avoiding the big spark from making/breaking the connection, which does not happen if you leave it always connected, and switch via the solid state switch.

Well yes, from a purely EE standpoint it’s possible that not having the FETs absorb the inrush current at every startup might make the thing more reliable, but from a purely practical standpoint all of my boards have loop keys (I store them unplugged, seems prudent) and only one of my boards sparks when I plug the loop key in.

I’ll look into an XT90S.

For the record, I’m testing the single 6.6 flipsky esc.

I’m feeling good about this thing. Really put it through it’s paces. If I ran these in my my eboard, might be able to peak 12000 watts with 4wd. At 3000 watts, the esc does not get very warm. I never have to worry about temps, even at 50a con, it’s steady cool.

6 Likes

So the single has an anti-spark and the dual does not have an anti-spark? hmm… I have a dual 6.6 arriving on Wednesday that I’m going to throw in an old deck with raptor 2 hubs and a 10s battery… Hopefully it does ok on these SF roads and I don’t die…

2 Likes

Very nice getting to know you!! Jk :joy:

raptor hubs in sf. hopefully you can meet up and we can race up twin peaks and compare sometime maybe the raptor meetup on the 18th in gg park? the 6.6 so far hasnt shown any negative responses it seems.

1 Like

Come out to the BAEsk8 group rides! We ride every Saturday! http://baesk8.club

Also the Enertion event is on the 16th :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d love to do a Twin Peaks run though! Maybe not a serious race but I do want to see how these “6.6” vescs perform under load…

1 Like

@sofu I’m not sure your size is considered a load :thinking:. Pretty sure all those Chinese board’s great specs are based off people your size.

@hummie is that group buy over? Would you consider shipping outside of the US? I am not in Europe and USA is definitely closer to me. I was looking at focboxes but those are actually cheaper.