Fliess | 65kmh+

Hey deine dual Vesc Platine interessiert mich sehr ich versuche momentan das esk8 hobby massentauglich zu machen. Ich biete momentan nur die motor mounts an aber habe schon zusagen für motoren, decks und batterien. Die nächste Hürde ist im moment Vesc’s welche maytech für ca 58$ hergibt aber eine ein Plantinen Lösung wäre mir lieber. Ich will nicht reich werde sondern evolve mit ihren überteuerten boards das Wasser reichen.

You mean the guinness world record speed for electric skateboards?

1 Like

Yes, that is the one I was talking about. :smile:

They did it again and set the new record at 102 km/h.

@Michael319, it seems we are talking about different things. I am not afraid about fitting the motor. Sure it is doable and have already been done by many people. I just want to have at least 23mm of clearance between the motors and ground (that is what I currently have on my 83mm wheels and drop through setup). Otherwise there is inevitable contact of the motors with some rocks, curbstones or uneven asphalt :disappointed:

@hexakopter thanks! I experienced some unpleasant errors while testing and tuning, but luckily never the worst what could probably happen to electronics on high speed - sudden braking. Shit, it’s all getting scary when you start to discuss and imagine the consequences :fearful:

Ah, I understand now, this is true, but the new v3 has a rubber coating to protect it. And my v2.5 had a nice hard steel exterior that only gets scratched

On the magnet wire you bought, was the insulation on the wire polyurethane or polyamide? I think I want to start learning how to re-wound motors.

@Michael319, before I start experimenting with direct drive, could you please share at least some experience in regards to performance? Of course, it is very subjective, because “super crazy fast and torquey” for someone could be nothing for someone else. I don’t want to put some more attention to my build or so, but just for comparison. Currently I am super happy with performance and there is literally no one hill in my area which I cannot get on speed 40kmh+. This is very important, because it gives a feeling that you can everything and what you can improve is only your rider skills. I really don’t want to lose in performance now. At the same time, direct drive looks very attractive. Don’t know what to do… :confused:

My opinion hasn’t changed that sudden braking isn’t the worst. The worst is “full throttle” that you can not stop, so acceleration till your hardware limited top speed without a chance to stop that like you can see here: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-nunchuk-rf/588/82 Worst feeling ever. Hope no one else will ever know that feeling.

Just want to tell you be carful at that speeds.

@SimosMCmuffin, “eine Lackisolation auf Basis Polyester(imid) und darüber einer Polyamidimid-Lackierung als Overcoat.” :slight_smile:

Great job!:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Great work :slight_smile:

Awesome visual documentation of your journey through the rabbit hole.

I run a 12s2p with a single carvon v2.5 on foc. So I am not at the top of the performance capability. But, with what I have I can reach 34mph easy, Ive maxed out at ~37-38 mph. With a 12s4p+ and 2-4 motors, it would possibly be one of the most powerful boards out there. Carvon v2.5s are crazy powerful, more powerful than any other direct drive including v3. With only one motor acceleration is good, but starting up isn’t super strong,tl this could be because of foc mode and not the motor. Highly recommended for performance.

@hexakopter, I really appreciate that you care and share your bad experience with others. Meanwhile I even tried to reduce the max speed just by disconnecting almost the half of my battery pack, i.e. 10s5p -> 6s5p. I know, there are more correct ways to do so :slight_smile: But I don’t want to change my gear ratio, neither do it programmatically. And anyway I wanted to make this test before to check a theory on practice. Honestly, I was surprised about efficiency (any signs of overheating) and performance (just very enough torque for my area).

I have really forgot a feeling when you can just put a throttle to max, so needed some time to get accustomed :slight_smile: After Evolve I convinced myself that speed switch is useless and I would never need it, but now I wish to have it on Fliess (<50 and >50kmh).

1 Like

@Tampaesk8er, the more I read a forum, the more I understand that it could have been better :smile: Thanks anyway!

@Kaly, luckily I didn’t throw it on half-a-way. Now, when nothing fails and everything works exactly as I wanted, I feel empty :smile: I need urgently to start a new build!

3 Likes

My secret weapon to machine trucks without lathe :smile: Was long time ago…

@e.board_solutions

13 Likes

that’s frikkin brilliant…can believe I never thought of that.

2 Likes

that’s pretty smart yes!! The speed was very low right? Because the piece is excentric?

Did you use a stepper motor for your electric skateboard?! absolute madlad, how does it ride?