Fish Hook (in reverse) - Thumb option for the mini remote - Files added 01.18.19

Thanks!

No problem , you will get the second wave.

Dani

Can it be set w pull for acceleration? I’m hooked on pull

Yes. You can flip the red and black leads which connect to the pot

2 Likes

I got my kit today, working on it now (while Im at work :slight_smile:).

3 Likes

Mine got delivered today! I can’t wait to get home and start tinkerin!

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: mines together and working lol.

In no way does this affect functionality but ive notice the thumb wheel sits a little cocked to one side. I think it’s more of an print alignment between the two pieces.

Nontheless, it fits well in the hand. I feel like a Hawaiian surf god or some shit holding it lol.

@danile I think if you take the top add screw I mentioned and put it more at the apex of the top, you should be fine on clearance inside.

3 Likes

Glad everything was delivered! Good luck and do post some pictures Dani

1 Like

So after a full ride with the remote…

Holding it is comfortable. Although I think it would feel more form fitting if the edges were more rounded. Just my opinion though.

The power switch is just the slightest pain to switch lol. I usually don’t have nails so having to push harder to reach the switch. Maybe if he hole was a tad bit wider to be able to squeeze more of your finger tip in.

Throttle is smooth, not catchy or draggy. Again I think its just alignment between the two pieces for the wheel leaning to one side. However it does not affect functionality of the thumb wheel.

Assembly was pretty straight forward. Only issue I had was the screw hole on the hook tip stripped out very easily. Its still holding together though. I’ll end up adhering the two pieces together.

As a whole I’m quite happy with it. It preformed as I expected my other Mini to perform, flawlessly.0108192103c_Film1 0108192102_Film1 0108192103_Film1 0108192103a_Film1 0108192103b_Film1 0108192102a_Film1

9 Likes

glued in m2 or m3 thread inserts could help the screws to hold without to strip.

@J0ker3366

Much appreciated your feedback, thank you! Here is my take from it:

1. Check if possible to round the edges.
  2. Make recess at the on/off switch, make it more accessible.
  3. Holes for lanyard (love your choice of color :slight_smile:)
  4. Make the hoe diameter smaller, so it won’t strip easily.
  5. Add two bolts at the apex (as we talked in DM)

For the printed thumb piece. You can slide it further on the pot assembly (rather than leaving it flush with the rod), it was designed to allow this. Then it will be centered.

Did you feel it was slightly on the fat side?

Thanks again, Dani

1 Like

Will see what I can do.

Thanks, Dani

The remote itself, no not @ all.

1 Like

Finally got around to building this out. I took pictures of the entire process but need to upload them if anyone needs to see them.

As much as I want to hate this remote (judging by looks only) Its actually surprisingly comfortable.

I do agree with @J0ker3366, placement of the power switch was a bit tough to switch due to not having any nails but I managed. Just took a few swipes at it to get it in place.

I think the remote feels amazing in my hand, I have bigger hands and remotes normally feel weird and are easier to drop. This one, its secure. It fits perfectly in there. I just wish it didn’t look like it does! I can get over that though because it went from a comfort level of around 3 with the mini, up to at least a 7 or an 8 with your printed one.

I haven’t had any drop outs or reduced abilities from when I just used the mini. Battery seems to last a good amount of time. I logged about 2.5 hours of ride time with it so far and its still has a charge.

I think a good option for the future would be some sort of battery gauge? Could even just be a few lights just to keep my mind right.

Besides that, I’m excited to see what comes from this project! Thanks for including me in the testing!! IMG_5941 IMG_5943 IMG_5942

4 Likes

Oh and @J0ker3366…as you can see I got the orange!!! Let me know if you want to trade colors!

Or when I get my printer back up and running, I can print you one in what ever color you want.

I forgot to mention this @danile, the thumb response and the way the trigger glides is really good, but as @J0ker3366, the wheel part is just a bit off to one side, looks like it was printed that way, is there a reason for that?

1 Like

Eric

Thank you for the response, I’m glad you liked it. And yes, I was targeting big hands😀 so very glad it was a success.

I’ll check the trigger allingment and see what can be improved. Battery gauge is doable, maybe something like this

Thank you for the hard work! And since you went from ugly to covenient, can you suggest a name?

Dani

2 Likes

I’ll think about it!!

I like that battery meter too!

1 Like

where did you get your battery? You didn’t have a link for it on you blog, so I wasn’t sure which to get

1 Like

This is amazing! I’ve been trying to figure out what could be better than the benchwheel (which I love) , maybe this is my answer!! Never had a dropout that I was aware of, but this might be even safer… how much you need for one next round @danile ?

2 Likes

The first round was with batteries that I had for a while, so no idea where I’ve got them from. I’m supposed to get batteries this week and then I’ll be more comfortable suggest a particular link.

In general, look for LiPo sized 20X30mm, these are typically ~300mAh

Thank you for the interest, Dani

Is it possible to slightly change the design to be able to hold a battery like this?