First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

guys… this is too much… We got the best beta testers in the world!

Our new pneumatic tires are going to be made with 100% cement in a square shape. You guys are going to have so much fun!

On a serious note though. They should be sweet. I’ll keep everyone filled in. We definitely need to get some tested miles on the tires.

17 Likes

I’m sold :slight_smile: whenever you guys are ready.

1 Like

Some in the Caribbean , lol send me a set.

1 Like

Upstate NY where the weather is brutal and our winters dip below 0. and last form >4 months

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this guy! Excited to see it coming along @torqueboards! Nice Job!

I’m wondering if some skaters might like a smaller 5" or 125mm pneumatic to go with the new direct drives? Maybe even an airless?

1 Like

@Luvafreeride - Was harder to go 125mm since there’s not much space for any air. I also don’t think we need all the options.

We’ll have a 110mm 75A wheels which should be more then you need for a urethane option.

I originally tried going 140/150mm pneumatics but overall 160mm was a better option. That way your rim can actually be a bit bigger and you can have a 7" or even 8" pneumatic tire as well. Otherwise 5.5" to 8" is a fairly big jump. Everything needs to be scaled down with a smaller tire as you’ll need space for air. Evolve even tried 5.5" tires before but scraped the idea. I think 6.5" would be the smallest. Either way you would typically need a specific deck to fit any wheels over 97mm.

I even looked at making 125mm urethane on our rims but I don’t think there’s much benefit. The 110x65 will have thicker urethane 40mm thick and 65mm wide vs with our rims a urethane 125x50 would be 20mm thick, 50mm wide. If you asked me, I’d take the 110x65 if you’re going urethane.

6 Likes

Sooo… how’s it going dude? @torqueboards

1 Like

:slight_smile: Almost… The free roll I think will be pretty awesome with this setup. Here’s a teaser… Logo will be correct on both motors.

They’ll fit best with our 110mm wheels…

51 Likes

too much drool; must clean keyboard

11 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping for. Pretty much have all the parts ( ordered at least) For my first build. Wanting something other than belts for my second build. And hubs aren’t my thing.

2 Likes

are these the 6374’s? :open_mouth:

Yeah, these are 6374, sensored. I’ll be testing a 6380 but w/o sensored (no space). The 6374 sensored will be the first option available though.

7 Likes

Are those riptide 96a wfb pivot cups?

1 Like

Yup… will come with riptide pivots/bushings also will have a 35D/50D baseplate.

13 Likes

I just wanna know how much to save up. Money burns a hole in my pocket. I’m really bad LOL

1 Like

giphy

7 Likes

We used some huge industrial bearings to support the motor. 12mm thick. Front bearing is also big but no photos atm. So I’m hoping we can dog em out and they’ll last. We’re technically not even riding them as we would in an in-wheel hub motor. Other items added for scale.

image image

11 Likes

This is exactly what I have been waiting for! Saving up my pennies as well. Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

I need this. NOW!!!

2 Likes