First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

That’ll likely still be out before Carvon gets the XL’s out, lol.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m thinking the same lol. I checked their Instagram and they say they’ll have a 6380 sized motor as well which would be awesome especially if they can go for 60-90kv

I already got a set of those 6380’s, they’re 170kv though, but damn they are sweet. They are actually an 84mm, but somehow TB was able to fit the stator in an 80mm. APS 6384 is 4000W and I forget the dimensions of their stator, but the TB 6380 is 4100W with a stator the same size as APS. Can’t wait to finally get this build finished. Just need to order some batteries now and finish work on my board and I’ll be able to get everything out together :smile:

2 Likes

Motor wattage should be taken with a pinch of salt, as there is no standard way to determine how many watts a motor can produce… My guess is that the aps and the tb ones will perform just as good.

That’s true, lol I don’t know why I even mentioned that, mainly just to illustrate that it’s equivalent to a 6384, just made compact.

1 Like

That must be a monster! Is it gear drive? Hows the weight of the TB compared to the APS?

Edit; Any updates on these drives @torqueboards? :smile:

1 Like

@Wraith It’s a direct drive setup. Still finalizing a few of the last pieces. Can’t remember the weight but APS has no direct drive setup. The 6380 motors is different than our direct drive setup.

1 Like

I checked out your Instagram and I recall reading a 6380 motor option? That would be so sick but 6374 is already great. I think thats what carvon uses on the SDXLs. Could go abit off road on those with pneumatics if possible! Definitely dream setup material for me with those :smile:

@Wraith Yeah, haven’t tested the bigger stator on the direct drive but I will eventually. I would need to get rid of the sensor wires though otherwise it wouldn’t fit. I think it would be better less things to fail.

Still need to test for the Pneumatic Tires since their is no gearing reduction but if it’s fine we’ll offer it. Planning on a 160x50 All Terrain Street Tire and 180x50 Off Road Tire for belt drive setups anyways.

4 Likes

Sounds great! Yeah I agree with the amount of abuse the boards get, generally would prefer a simpler system with less parts as each of these parts failing would result in more or less an inoperable board.

Yeah simplicity of no gearing reduction still needs a kick for pushing heavier pneumatics. How about compatibility with @psychotiller six shooters? I’ve read theyre just as heavy as 107mms which is really nice as far as rolling resistance goes I think.

Maybe with an AWD we could get better torque off the line and when going over uneven surfaces?

I’d snap up these up the moment they become available! Lol

1 Like

Maybe we might… someone will for sure.

3 Likes

I have been waiting eagerly for your pneumatic setup. What price range can we expect? < $30 per hub(not including tires?)

@mishrasubhransu yeah, should be somewhere around there.

any eta on this?

carvon seems to have gone AWOL. I am tired of the harsh hub ride and don’t like the drag on belts.

Working on it as soon as we can.

Would hate to promise a timeframe and not reach it.

So it’s done when it’s done unfortunately :slight_smile: or when we have a much better timeframe.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

If you need someone to test them, send them my way. i am in barcelona right by the beach and do aleast 10km everyday

@torqueboards You should test some in heat, some in cold, some in dry, some in snow & brine, some in Southern Hemisphere, some in Northern Hemisphere :smiley:

Good idea

@torqueboards if you need testers I can test them down under, in the next few months temp are gonna get up to 45 degrees c, that would be good to see what happens to the rubber tyres when exposed to lots of heat

@torqueboards Dont listen to them. They don’t even have e-boards. Send me a set and I will test them underwater.

2 Likes

Underwater ? pshh give them to me an I’ll test them in space

2 Likes