First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

@pat.speed if not other mods were done to a 60kv motor terminated in WYE, would we not be able to solely determinate to get in the ballpark of 104kv?

You mean terminate it as delta? Which I guess you do mean, as 60 x 1.73 = ~104

Yea sorry Iā€™m working a back to back to back triple shift Iā€™m a bit tired

Haha all good

Also thank you I didnā€™t know what the rate was so I used known values from a pm I had from another user of delta/WYE for a motor and did a cross multiplication thing to get to 104 haha, how do we know that 1.73 is the constant to multiply or divide by?

I read it in threads from (@hummie?maybe) that switching from delta to wye creates 1.73 times the torque and vise versa.

Side note, direct drive isnā€™t much good since I want to run kegels meaning I will have to use 50mm motors or it will be too close to the groundā˜¹ļø @torqueboards what is the minimum wheel size for this system? Iā€™m assuming 90-97mm

I run nothing smaller than 100mm because I like having a higher Top speed

3 Likes

Delta to WYE transformations in Electrical Engineering is often the division or multiplication of sqrt(3) depending on which one you are going from. delta-star-1

7 Likes

Thank you Char10

I vote torque over speed any day. Mostly I just want quiet low maintenance motors with full urethane. :slight_smile: Hope these will be more affordable and available then carvon, wait and see i guessā€¦

5 Likes

yeah I really hope they wont break my bank

2 Likes

Lol anything esk8 breaks the bank. But I bet these will be awesome non the less

5 Likes

True. Im just banking on them having a single drive version

1 Like

Tbh a single drive isnā€™t worth it with this set up, your motor will have to work really hard

4 Likes

Im making a flightsafe build and I donā€™t need a crazy amount of power.

2 Likes

my way around that is I fly with my full powered board and mail my battery a few days in advanceā€¦ like I am going to Hawaii to visit my mom (she lives there) and I will be mailing my battery pack and flying with my board

3 Likes

Yeah thats the alternative. Ive already got a Modded gt so I could ship that around. But now iā€™m working on a 27" 12s1p modded boosted battery. flight board for shits and giggles and i want to be able to kick push but I wanna use some thick thane. So thats the sich im inā€¦

1 Like

Why canā€™t u kick on thick thane? I do itā€¦ 100mm mbs to be specific

2 Likes

nah its the fact that hub motors barely have any rubber on them but belt drives cant be kick pushed that well. (hence why direct drives would be great!)

2 Likes

Using TB 6374 motors I can kick and pump easilyā€¦ that motor freewheel extremely well

3 Likes