First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

god dammit

take my money now!!!

edit: got a pic of the truck that will mount these babies? I am so excited.

2 Likes

Preorder discount? Lol. Just take my moneyā€™s

1 Like

60kv for the win

1 Like

:frowning: 60kv means only 50km/h on 12s and 107s. I need more speedā€¦my name proves it

4 Likes

13 and 14s ftw :sunglasses:

Exactly ā€¦ and less horrible accidents on @torqueboards equipment and less esk8 prohibition for the rest of us

Besides, torque (and braking power) is waaaaaaaaay more satisfying in an everyday environment than top speed, and, um, look whatā€™s written on the motor :stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

torque over top speed anyday. just gimme 25mph and all the torque you can.

8 Likes

If you riding in city like London, you need more torque/acceleration than top speed. Cause you always brake/accelerate my 1:5 with lots of torque and instant acceleration saved my ass so many times in many dangerous situationsā€¦

Plus the feeling then u drag some cars on red light and they are dumbfounded afterwards in next redlight :blush:

7 Likes

Exactly. I just want these for a short 31 inch deck with a kicktail for quick in City commuting.

1 Like

Yes please!!!

2 Likes

@pat.speed when I get them, if I can separate the phase wires without damaging them I will raise their kv

For me for city riding strong brakes must match top speed.

High top speed lets me ride with the cars and not with the bikes (danger!) and pedestrians (DANGER!).

Torque is nice to have, but the other 2 keep me out of trouble.

Do you know what you will need to change for a higher topspeed? I am trying to find a source to learn how I can change motor characteristics to my likings (so I can make my own brushless dc motor for instance) but on the internet there is only quick and not indepth information on how brushless motors and not something with formulas and stuff

the terminationā€¦ but u will sacrifice toque by a lot

1 Like

Yes okay, are you guessing how much needs to be changed and try it out or do you know how much you need to change theoratically already

To change termination u go from grounding all the phase ends together to linking the phases (overly simplified) I have a circuit Iā€™m working on that will handle the whole process of determination on the fly through multi-channel receivers kinda like the way turnsignals work from esk8.life (I think thatā€™s the website)

How your relay will hold with 60A currents? :smiley:

2 40a in paralel but Iā€™m resigning from the ground up krug3lisā€¦ me and a buddy are trying to make as close to a plug and play chip as we can that with the smallest footprint

I finished testing the relay circuit and it worked great, but a couple magnets came off the can and rendered the motor unable to work until I replace the mags

@torqueboards would it be possible to have the motor winded in wye for 50kv? So @b264 and others that want torque can have it but also that way anyone who may want more top speed (me and @Holyman92) can rewind the motors to delta which will bump the kV upto about 85, which is the same as carvon and a perfect combination of speed and torque

4 Likes