First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

There are not high enough quality boards on the market yet, and no esk8 repair shops on every corner like there are for cars, so in order to fully use them, you have to DIY even the high-grade commercial brands. They all break down and stuff wears out.

2 Likes

This is like overclocking vs underclocking. Hotrods vs Honda Accords. Are Metroboards/Boostedboards the Accords?

I was hoping for a reliable low maintenance board with the R2 with extended (2 year) warranty. Early going seems a bit bumpy!

1 Like

This thread is about Torqueboards direct drive LoL I wasn’t naming brands on purpose, just comparing it to the TB DD and how setting a low price point ahead-of-time would be a ridiculous thing to do overall

1 Like

Well it’s actually easier to work within constraints. So working toward a price, and readjusting the price as things unfold, or understanding how much you missed by and why, makes sense!

1 Like

Understand this so much. Spent $700 on a DIYeboard kit a couple months ago, I’ve since spent like $1500 more on upgrading it, while being a poor uni student :sob:

3 Likes

Pretty much sums up my life at uni. Started off with single drive then wasn’t happy with that, went to dual, bigger wheels, bigger batteries.

3 Likes

More like a Buick and a Civic lol

2 Likes

those are enormous! what brand are these bearings? asking in case they wear out over the long run and need replacing :smile:

Will this be able to run pneumatic tires as well?

yes but will likely need 4WD

1 Like

Bummer. That makes it to expensive then ahhh boooo! LOL

1 Like

yeah one of the reasons I went for gear drive but direct will get you the stealthiest look for the best performance now. they can’t deliver the same amount of torque as other satellite builds but they can definitely handle pneumatics albeit with additional motors

Are you using a gear drive on a mountainboard? I’d like to use a gear drive also but the Etoxx drives are out of my budget range.

1 Like

No I’m using gear drive on an ATB, essentially a Hummie deck with longboard trucks on Fatboy Mini 1:3 gear drive.

You’d go for these Direct drives for street setups mainly but currently satellite setups are the way to go if you want that hill climbing torque

Hey @torqueboards

how’s it going… :roll_eyes: lol

2 Likes

@Skunk How you doin! :wink:

Almost just waiting on a few last finishing items… Trying to seal the deal on the 110mm Wheels as well. Slow road :cry:

8 Likes

110mm Mmmmmmmm yeah I like that. Is that the only size? . Love to know what color you’re shooting for.

2 Likes

@Skunk You can have any color as long as it’s black :slight_smile:

Might have a small batch of Red on Black Cores.

13 Likes

Black with red cores would be slick as shit… or black and white wheels with different colour cores to chose from would be nice to have

Should be for pre order buyers :smirk:

3 Likes