First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

In my case, if I continue to run 50km/h with Raptor2, it is about 15km. 432/15 = 28.8 Wh/km. It roughly matches your claim. Within that speed range, using a tack will increase the distance.

https://stokedrideshop.com/blogs/how-tos/staying-speedy-by-perfecting-your-tuck

2 Likes

My conclusion is that if you want to run faster but you want to extend the distance, you have to load more batteries. The higher the speed, the more battery consumption.

1 Like

Do you have 90mm wheel? And 14 km is not a lot for 430 wh ;o!

I have the feeling that raptor 2 has more range than 2.1. (silver motors).

I did a range test with my meepo v2 sanyo and got 22km. Same track i got 14km with raptor 2.1 and i was only 7km/h faster on avg.

Edit: @epss4 yes 90mm wheels

2 Likes

Going slower and/or kicking a tad from a standstill will increase your range far more than using a tuck, but that does help too.

If you treat the motors as a ski-lift instead of a musclecar, your range will increase very significantly.

7 Likes

If you treat your motors as a jetski instead of a ferry it will be a lot more fun.

11 Likes

Easiest solution is to get a bigger battery. 8p and up!

3 Likes

My leggies hurt when I ride too hard.

@torqueboards when are you going to get the new axles in please? I donā€™t have the energy to sand anything, Iā€™ll just wait.

1 Like

This is exactly why I didnā€™t pre order, Iā€™d rather wait for the first run bugs to be worked out. I know they are a great product and Iā€™m super happy Dex is getting them out.

I also know the psychotiller thatā€™s coming Friday is a great product. I cannot wait for 12s maytech 6 shooter madness.

1 Like

Sometimes a huge heavy board wonā€™t work as well as a small, light board.

See https://forum./t/the-blue-one-12s-lifepo4-170kv-6374-caliber-2-30-43-powell-peralta-focbox/75

2 Likes

speed-watt

As speed increases, the required power increases. Even at 40 km/h and 47 km/h, the required power changes considerably. As you say, there may also be a cause for the 2.1 motor. if you want more speed and distance, I think increasing battery is the easiest solution.

2 Likes

With air resistance growing exponentially and a bigger loss than anything over 15mph a good tuck does a lot

Lately taken to sitting on my heel and holding onto the deck and pretty stable and maybe half the wind resistance of standing

7 Likes

If youā€™re going for long-range, you shouldnā€™t be going much faster than that

1 Like

@Lunasi canā€™t weigh more than 150 pounds, and Iā€™d guess even less.

My 240 pounds and single 6374 metroboard was definitely one of the hot ones that didnā€™t go quite as far, but Iā€™m sure the dual drive would have zippied me right up.

The 120 pound kids did alright on evolves, my 220 pound friends evolve motors were so hot Iā€™m surprised damage wasnā€™t done.

The 55 mile metro would do a 30 mile ride in 2 hours (with a few 420 stops) and didnā€™t hit sag. Seems like I averaged 20 mph. Just use one motor for long range!

3 Likes

yea it was even really windy when I was on my way with my raptor. I didnā€™t think the impact would be so high.

btw. is it possible to set two modes with the unity? Would like to slow my slow mode down to 40A and 40km/h for long range trips and leave rspec mode untouched.

1 Like

About 130 to 150 depending on how poor my diet is one month to another :yum:

5 Likes

just back from another night ride. man these things are just awesome. the sound of themā€¦ the smoothness, speed, powerā€¦ and the wheels damn. so stable even with loose trucks, no wobbles nothing. never had so much fun on a eskate, beyond words really. :star_struck:

but just realized I have an issue with the sensors. Focbox tool does the measurement and all looks fine but the sensor table is filled with 200 on one sensor and all others 255. so I am running basically sensorless. checked sensor adapter cables and allā€¦ anyone with an idea whats going on? I will try torqueboards adapter cables but I guess the issue is somewhere else because focbox tools thinks its all fine.

3 Likes

I halve battery current with my phone app. In some cases, the battery current is further reduced.

1 Like

@brenternet - Should be done in about 1-1.5 weeks.

2 Likes

@rideTastic & @LEE, are you sure about those numbers? On my MBS eATsk8, with 8"pneumies, dual 6374s, 1:5 gear drive and 200lbs. of meat and pads, I use <30 Wh/mi, or <19 Wh/km. Thatā€™s with moderately aggressive riding, 20mph avg speed, 31mph top speed, slowing and stopping for stop signs and lights, and flooring it to top speed as much as possible. I have a hard time believing Raptor hubs are 50% less efficient than that. :astonished:

1 Like