First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

No idea :blush: you have to ask pjotr what he put in there. One simple fuse on the charging cable and another fuse/diode whatever on the main lead.

EAF63FC0-05E2-49C4-96EC-2347A9C41E06 795E479E-AA77-43B7-86EE-2F0F9E75B0BC DB2F9F99-B1EB-4E73-A50C-CE8DDC567E3E

2 Likes

Just went in and collected mine haha. Just paid over the counter. Not opened the package yet because maximum effort

2 Likes

20190417_130403

15 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

I will keep the topic under observation. I am so far satisfied with my Raptor 2.1 but what I have read several times and have noticed myself are the hubs probably very energy inefficient. If I should get more range with DD this would probably be worth a rebuild.

I received many inquiries. I uploaded the STL file. Please use.

You can buy one but it is very expensive. My profit is $ 5.

11 Likes

I don’t know exactly, and I won’t ask, but I’m assuming she’s light. When I rode them they got pretty hot for me as well, running 10S 80A motor amps.

been looking for them! Thanks for the file!

How thick is the raiser? 0.5inch?

Sanded my axle stubs down with the 80 grit and some fine sandpaper, bearings fit like a charm now @torqueboards

2 Likes

Me being 160, the 90kv ran really cool (in flat terrain) at 60amps. Cool to the touch after 30 mind of constant ridding at mid to high throttle.

2 Likes

4mm. The central recess through which the wire passes is 2 mm thick.

1 Like

@McErono - TB DD will climb up steep hills but the downside to it is because of the lack of gearing ratio it will create more heat when ran hard. Ideally, you don’t want to keep climbing up really steep hills back to back as it will create more heat. Eventually, you can/may burn a motor out will probably take a while but it is possible. To safeguard, just make sure you don’t get the motors “too hot” and you’re golden.

@rideTastic - You just need 2x 3.5mm to 5.5mm wire adapters for the motor wires. 2x Sensor Wires to plug into the unity.

@Eskate444 - Batch 2 should be about 30 days ETA.

1 Like

That’s the perfect scenario I was trying to describe for the advantages for the temp sensor, you won’t be able to cook your motor, only loose acceleration

If configured correctly you won’t loose brakes ever

7 Likes

can you tell me what the consumption of TD DD is? So how much Wh/km or Wh/mile?

Raptor 2.1 has 432Wh so how much range can i get?

basically the same, it’ll only have a drastic increase in comfort for you with full thane wheels.

and less raptor hub issues i guess.

4 Likes

My last Range test got me only 14km far. So it was like 30Wh/km. Regarding comfort, the hubs of raptor are good enough for me.

1 Like

seems about right if you’re riding fast…

yeah you just need a bigger battery 10s4p isn’t enough.

Nobody can tell you that because it depends on a million different things.

If you assume 25Wh/mile / 15Wh/km you can adjust from there based on your riding characteristics. Also, I can go out and burn 12Wh/mile or on the same board and the same route, burn 35Wh/mile. It depends a lot on how you ride, also.

2 Likes

Bullshit  

:grinning:

2 Likes

It can be done. You have to go real slow. On a one-wheel drive. Kick to start sometimes. Stay in the flood plain.

1 Like

I know, I know. Just fuckin wit cha. 15555265188315985377888997003556 (I blame Good People)

But that is definitely a boring as fuck ride, that’s for sure!

13 Likes