First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Any other people with the 90kv have scuffed up cans? Mine came like this, don’t mind it as long as they work without issues

Yeah mine were similar but they worked perfectly fine.

1 Like

Last stupid question, can’t find it on the site but what size are the bullet connectors?

5.5 mm 10charrr

2 Likes

I only did a short test and not much faster than 40kph (have a trust issue with that eskating.eu/maytech remote…). can’t say much about it but it was very stable although the bushings are too soft for my 220lbs and I had to tighten them way too much (have to replace them with harder ones). The hummie deck is so wide and big maybe thats a factor because I never had such a big deck before, feels very safe.

@FredXanadu these are self designed and 3D printed X-things. The bumper is modified… forgot the name of the brand but will tell you, box is still somewhere…

@Ubbiedude they look all like that :wink:

3 Likes

Looks like I’ll also need to sand down my axle shafts, normal skate bearings won’t fit on the drive trucks and normal trucks :confused:

Really? Was just about to fit some bones red… no go?

@torqueboards is this supposed to be like that?

That just dosen’t make any sence , we paid BiG money for this kit , we shouldn’t have to sand anything ,and from the first picture of the direct drive i have seen from torqueboard, it was in development for a LONG time What one big amateur flaws

2 Likes

I was trying a set of abec zz809 just to test and those don’t fit on my axle stubs

Alright bud, we get it. You pre-ordered a new product that is still unknown from an indi developer on the internet. The support you get from Dexter and his team will define the quality of what you bought and if TB history is anything to go by these teething issues will only happen once.

Calm it down, ask for help, get help, ride off into the sunset.

11 Likes

@McErono @epss4 @Ubbiedude The axles were originally 8.03-8.05mm. We had to sand them down to about 7.98-8mm. If you are using different bearings or purchased an ABEC set and we didn’t install the wheels this issue might be more apparent.

You may have to sand the axle shaft. Put it on a drill collet and turn on the drill using 80 grit sandpaper or a bit more.

It was either that or everyone wait until the new axles are made. I’m sure, nobody wanted to wait any longer and some people have to wait longer. So we made the decision to send it out.

I will have new axles if anyone wants new axles but obviously there’s a wait time.

11 Likes

chill dude at least we have community memeber making DD’s with a guy that actually replies to people

“amateur flaws” hey at least he can design a DD and hes willing to replace the axle

12 Likes

Are the axle stubs left hand thread? I have no issues with sanding them down a bit but I’d love to receive the correct axles when they are available

@Ubbiedude They are standard. Clockwise to tighten. Counterclock to untighten. righty tighty lefty loosey. Email us.

If you’re having trouble removing the axle there’s threadlock so you may need to put some elbow into it and/or heat it up a slight bit.

5 Likes

Someone who still hasn’t set it up with VESC but it going to, I have a request for you. Please take a screenshot of the motor detection with these motors.

2 Likes

Jokes on all of you guys. Jerry and and Dexter are the same person. Has anyone seen them both at the same time?

I think not.

But for real though. @epss4 if you want the initial run on brand new tech and you want sheer and utter perfection…

image-8

I feel like the people who always say “now now now, hurry up, give me my future tech” are the same dudes who complain about minor inconveniences. Not you specifically Eloi, just a general observation.

But that’s showbiz baby!

19 Likes

I agree with you guy 100% !

1 Like

thanks for the answer, coul you post the link of the 3d print ?

are you running 10s or 12s?

Anyone tried using the DDs with a Hummie deck in drop-through setup? (For science!) It should be totally doable, especially if you route the deck so that the trucks are flush with the top of the deck like here:

1 Like