First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Huge, massive, one of the most beautiful cnc front trucks ever seen!

20190415_112326 20190415_112347 20190415_112415 20190415_114816

UPS hurry up with that battery!

25 Likes

me!!! lol. But first i just want to understand if 75kv running 12s would handle pneumatics well (i use 7ā€™ā€™ evolve tires on FatBoy Kugs hub)

anyone tried/ will try pneumatics (with adapter) ??

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna use 90kv 13sā€¦

1 Like

reallyā€¦didnt know that these motors would handle 13s. Torque wise, what are you expecting? Something like 200kv belt driven?..or more torquey?..like 170kv.

i might wait for your tests to buy

incredible build there. So clean and tidy and sleek.

This is making the wait for stupid UK customs even worse. Stuck there for 6 days now, no contact, no duty fee letter, and no way I can contact ParcelFarce to hurry things along. At least DHL deliver the goods first and send you a letter later with the Duty % fee. @torqueboards please consider providing an alternative shipping option to Europe other than USPS. It might be great for USA shipments but evidently not for UK. Iā€™m not moaing at you, honestly, just might save you future headaches with less patient customers than myself.

I just hope they come before Thursdayā€¦

4 Likes

FedEx,tnt,DHL

These companies donā€™t play around in my experiences

5 Likes

Any motor can handle 13s as long as the windings donā€™t arc through the coating

1 Like

@LEE loving the build, I have an Evo waiting on my bad boys to ship. What angled risers are you using, homebrewed? Integrated handle is pretty cool and likely very useful . What angle are you running up front - 15 degrees? With the TB trucks Iā€™d be sitting at 65 degrees up front, so Iā€™ll be looking to dewedge, how does it handle?

2 Likes

IMG_20190414_104516

19 Likes

What deck is that? Thanks!!!

I love it! Still have to refine a few things but man those big wheels are soft and comfy. Best ride quality I ever had. And grip is outstanding. Enough torque (did no hill climbs yetā€¦ tonight I will stress it). I even had wheelspin at the begining with the new wheels (75kv, 12s4p, 220lbs) for me its a perfect match with the hummie deck but its sooo huge! Weight is about the same as my falcon. Will have to get used to the unity because it feels totally different than ack wattmode.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:20190416_021935

16 Likes

Have you ridden a 12s board with dual 6374? Is it the same level of torque?

Yes my falcon is 12s dual 6374 but its 97mm vs 110mm wheels and I had to use ACK firmware on the belt board to smooth it out so a direct comparison is not easy. All I can say is I am not going full throttle at once with the 75kv DD yet (like I did instantly with the raptor 2.1) and that tells me there is quite some torque going on.

5 Likes

Landyachtz Tomahawk Muirskate Longboard Shop Est.2005 ā€“ MUIRSKATE

2 Likes

Letā€™s look at the ABEC wheel adapter.

Evolve 97mm Stoneground(probably classified as a clone).

a little loose.

Abec11 Flywheels 90mm

very tight.

The core was slightly scraped off.

1 Like

ABEC Clones should fit perfectly. Still testing with ABEC originals so they both fit good.

1 Like

How fast did you go with the hummie deck? How was stability?

Hi @McErono , could you tell me where do you find your bumper and the ā€œmetal truck piecesā€ on the board. sorry i donā€™t know the nameā€¦ Any links will be cool ! mochas gracias

Minor inconvenience, orderd with the abec adapters pre installed and got in with the kegel ones installed do have the kegel adapters in the box :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks! I think you have a good comparison point with your dual 6374 belt driven board, of course it depends on pulley ratios as well. It would be interesting to know max speed you get on each setup and how the torque compares. Please keep us posted as you test it more.