First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Ok fellas… starting to get a little concerned here (on top of major FOMO) with this situation Dexter… @torqueboards I have emailed you guys 1-2 times a day going on the 3rd day today, your chat feature online isn’t ever up and working when I look (which is 3-4 times a day) so I’m coming back here to hopefully get some type or response or help from you guys bro… I should have my order in hand and my build complete but now my stuff i s sitting god knows where in a different state and I’m stuck here dreaming still and have no idea what’s going on since you guys shipped it to the please. I really don;t want to get left out of this first batch and don’t think that’s fair at all so can I please get a response today (haven’t gotten one yet since I first reached out Money) on what we are going to do. If I need to get the 75kv or the 50 degree truck instead of what I ordered just to be able to get everything then that is fine with me and I was already contemplating that anyway. PLEASE let me know ASAP what’s going on. I just want my drives and wheels man!!! Thanks brotha.

Can’t you hit up the post office or ups to get the package redirected before delivery. If not then maybe ask a neighbor?

Tried both… it’s already been delivered. Even tried to see if the post office could go grab it or something. I don’t know any of my neighbors, it’s a vacation house in a lake town and neighbors are never there either. I wish I wasn’t slammed with work and I would just drive the 4-5 hours out there but can’t till after the weekend at the soonest… ugh. FML. But again, this is why I reached out and made sure they had my new address a month or two ago…

@torqueboards updates?

shit happens man!

@AlanZhou - I’ll check and email you.

@kaaaaahle - Looks fine I’d just be careful. I’d just ride some 97’s though just because 90s are pretty small nowadays.

@Jansen - I’ll check and email you.

2 Likes

My dd came in :smiley:

calculated top speeds of 55mph on 13s :joy:

8 Likes

I call dibs on your board if you crash :rofl:

Jk

But seriously, say safe man were full protection

3 Likes

Anybody outside of USA received their set yet? Mine were dispatched on 3rd April and have been held in customs since 9th in UK distribution hub. No updates, just same message on tracking. I know this isn’t TB’s fault, just want to know if they are getting through in Europe yet, and if my situation is the same as other non USA buyers.

The wait is killing me :joy:

Got a test ride in figured I share. 12s4p 90kv 90mm popocas 200 lb rider with gear got me 19 mi on spirited riding with headwinds it felt like everywhere to getting into battery cut off. https://strava.app.link/WjA1jJQYPV. Torque feels really good on them but I only have a 10s setup to compare. I can say I’ll be testing the durability of the cans xD IMG_20190412_161001 . The only real issue I have is one the motors was loose I could pull it off and that one sounds like there a metal ring something loose but I couldn’t find anything. The motor spins fine it just sounds different on spin up compared the other. Might just be that new setup overattentive to noises.

8 Likes

@Toughook :frowning:

@Ashintar See if you can isolate the issue. There’s no metal rings in the assembly of the DD. Only the cir-clip on the end. It could be that dangling around but that’s fine.

1 Like

Yeah the circlip is just loose I’ll pinch it tighter when I get home

1 Like

@Ashintar Put a really small drop of superglue on two or 3 points of it, works like a charm to kill the rattling

1 Like

one of my motors on my DD has a lot of resistance when the motor is turning in a certian section of the motor

1 Like

It passes customs and will arrive today or tomorrow.Currently in transit in the prefecture where I live. Japan.

1 Like

@AlanZhou - Check to see if your locknut might be a bit tight.

1 Like

lol, :rofl: alright will do

Still waiting…

1 Like

Anyone have the electrical resistance you can see while on the bldc tool doing foc test?

2 Likes

Still happening…