First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

I did Monday morning, two of them. Keep me posted.

Do you think you could mount drop through? With a little sanding on the side of the deck do make a motor well?

Still no email , and still not sent out…@torqueboards

I took a look at it, even if you route the wood to make the truck leveled with the board clearance might be too little, making wells might work though… Do you think that wells would affect board integrity?

I inititally mocked out drop through mounting on the Hummie… It looked like you had a little under .5 inches between the deck and the top of the motor. You would definitely have to sand out a motor well to make it work… I didn’t feel comfortable with the amount of material that would have the be sanded and the structural integrity that would be compromised.

If you look at the first picture… you can see that with a top mount… it’s about 1.25 inches from motor to the bottom of the deck. The deck itself is about .75 inches… if you routed out a spot to flush mount… you might get back .125 inches… Feel like it’s not enough room

You probably be fine, try first without routing the board and making the wells if necessary

I have routed mine to make the trucks leveled and had no problems so far

@finges same as I said above, if you routed so the truck being flat you will probably be ok even with deep wells, bet way to do this is to attach a sandpaper to the motor and run it slowly

The Hummie deck is really thick compared to normal decks and still have two carbon fiber layers inside

Yes I am still undecided on wheter to route from the bottom and do top mount, or route the top and do drop through… Kinda scared to route AND sand wells, don’t know if it will affect integrity.

1 Like

Just make sure that routing from the bottom you will not cut the carbon fiber layers

But in my opinion routing from the bottom makes little sense, the drop is too little

1 Like

Aww man… Looks like I got push to batch 2. No necessary a bad thing but kinda bummed about the mistake.

1 Like

@torqueboards

Thanks for the advice. With a little elbow grease i got the adapters changed and the axle sanded down so that the wheels would go on. So just fyi not sure its a one off problem.

Either way, i mounted my 90mm flywheels on, and im not sure if i have enough ground clearance. Anyone have an opinion on that?

20190409_204100

I would prefer smaller wheels. But If not i have some 107mm electric flywheels i may have to drill into to get on the mounts.

I am fuckin stoked to get this on the road.

1 Like

I think that looks good dude… Either you get to test the durability of the cans, or baby them a bit by not going diagonally off curbs and stuff.

1 Like

Lol true… im just a little concerned about catching a rock or something

Almost there!! Just gotta plug it in, sync it to the vesc, and put the final touches 20190409_211341|690x388](upload://u4Su3kwTp3vwncC7ikgVobXa9N2.jpeg)20190409_211341

4 Likes

If I were to attempt 90mm wheels the motor will be destroyed in 1 day cause of the big holes in nyc

2 Likes

Are you running sensored? FOC?

I need to see someone beat these things up with 83mm flywheels in NY or some other place with horrible roads.

2 Likes

Who in their right mind would wanna run 83mm wheels with these motors :rofl:

11 Likes

Ok i am not trying to hijack this thread so tell me togo somewhere else… but i need some of your collective expertise. The torque board 75 kw are rated at 4000w per motor. The carvon xl are Dual 85kv sensored motors, 2750W each I getbthat the lower kw are better for torque, which is what i want. But hiw do you compare these two systems?
Is the Torqueboard DD faster higher torque with the lower 75kw / 4000w But the Carvon are 85kw amd lower 2850W. So can someone explain this to me. It will guide my purchace of the TBdd.

Good luck buying from Carvon. Get the TB DD. :wink:

9 Likes

Kv is rpm per volt so the higher kv will go faster with the same everything else. The torqueboards will have more torque and be way more reliable so go with those. If you want to test Kv and wheel size go to a calculator and figure out what you want wheel size wise

I have two of the Carvon xl but i want the TB. I just want a way to compare them amd not being a electrical engineer i dont get the way that one is 2750W and the other is 4000w how that factors in.

1 Like