First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

These issues and solution suggestions are being discussed in an incredibly civil manner ! My set should arrive Monday/Tuesday and I’ll double check everything is OK myself. Fortunately i have the tools to make any mods needed. Can’t imagine this being discussed so sensibly on any other non DIY forum. Seems people here are accepting of new tech/first batch teething problems :smiley:

Can’t wait to fit mine ! Since i bought the 110s in an assembled unit i should be good to go anyway, but also got the ABEC adapters for completeness. Will bear all this in mind should i ever switch the wheels over.

8 Likes

Haha thanks for all the support guys, I’m just tryna be as helpful as possible and it’s easier for me to fix it than have dex send out a new part. I can try and use a few more curse words here and there if i’m being too nice.

After a little bit of work I managed to sand down the axles so they fit the bearings. It wasn’t that bad after i pulled off both of the motors and base plate from the truck, stuck it in my drill and went ham. Seems like I wont need new axles @torqueboards but I have a feeling the majority of ppl buying these wont wanna do this job, it does take some effort.

5 Likes

@jbruce unfortunately, I think your’s is a one off :sob: most of the others should be good to go. thanks for being awesome!

@mikenyc yeah, sold out right now. next batch should be about 120-150.

2 Likes

Just for planning purposes, what side of the cut did I fall?

@Sender We have yours boxed… but up to you if you want us to send it out or let the next guy after you get em. :smile: Let me know.

5 Likes

Does that mean mine are boxed up to… @torqueboards cause my mouse is getting super tired of me constantly clicking the send/receive button to refresh my email with the hope of getting that tracking number but nothing yet…

Dexter nooooooooooo! I got my tracking info for my motors and wheels finally and was soooooo fucking stoked beyond belief but then I took a look at the address and you guys sent it to my vacation house in another state! I was in Arizona at my house for 3-4 months and originally had it going there then after the delays I came back home to my primary residence and hit you guys up right away (this was 30-60 days ago) and informed you to please change the shipping address but it looks like no one did and now I am not sure what do cause they are out for delivery now it says… please advise as I am super bummed and want to get this remedied right away. Another wait for this build though… ahhhhh. Appreciate you helping me figure this out.

@torqueboards how bout me :cold_sweat:

It will be ready for you when you finish getting that deck routed to fit your 13S10P battery. :rofl:

6 Likes

will that be in less then a week then? :joy:

@torqueboards

Which screws on the motor do you need to remove to change the adapter? I took off the 6 torx screws kn the front plate but the adapter wont come off. Do i need to take out these small hex screws? Also, the bearings wont slide on the trucks… the axles are too wide… 15547699258589140440179956262034

3 Likes

Arrived today. GEDC0261%20(640x428)

15 Likes

@jbruce What kind of sandpaper did you use and how did you attach the axle to the drill?

how are the motors held onto the hanger?

Got mine hooked up…waiting on screws to mount my enclosure… so gaffer tape it is for now.

20190408_200937

24 Likes

Could you take a picture from the side to see the clearance on that hummie deck?

1 Like

20190408_212422%20(2) 20190408_212558%20(2) 20190408_212614%20(2) 20190408_212700%20(2) 20190408_212753%20(2) 20190408_212805%20(2)

4th pic down is me leaning all the way over… I weigh 205 pounds… haven’t touched the kingpin yet…

11 Likes

@torqueboards Can one of you guys get back to me ASAP please brotha. I emailed and tried to chat on your site today but haven’t heard back from anyone and that was this morning when I reached out to all 3 places. I really don’t want to get screwed and not get my order from this batch because of your guys mistake since they’re already sold out. Looks like they got delivered today but to my other house in another state and I have high fears of a box sitting wherever USPS left it cause it’s desert/lake vacation town in AZ and known to have some pretty low life locals who are tweakers and I wouldn’t doubt someone taking a package sitting out knowing its a vacation town… my boat stereo got jacked when I was there with my boat sitting in front of my house a year or two back even… this sucks bro. Please HELP, I just want to get my motors and wheels to finish my build so dam bad… And this is why I asked you guys about changing my shipping address a month or two ago so this wouldn’t happen, and welp… FML. LMK ASAP what we are going to do and please tell me there is still a set laying around I can still get from this batch… PLEASE!

1 Like

I’m not sure what type it was, just had it lying around. Remove both motors from the axle then take the axle part of the truck off of the base plate and stick one of the axle ends into a drill and tighten the drill Hold sandpaper on the other axle while spinning it. Takes some time so be patient.

@Jansen send us an email so we can take a look at it.

@AlanZhou Yours should of been sent out recently.

@kaaaaahle Don’t take off the side hex screws as those are meant to keep the front motor cap on. Just the 6 TORX bolts you would need to remove. They are a tight fit so you’ll need a rubber mallet to knock the pulley out and maybe a small screwdriver to lift it up. You also shouldn’t have to deal with the axle issue. jbruce issue should of been a one-off issue.

@mikenyc Motors sit on the truck hanger and everything is press-fitted with the locknut.

6 Likes