First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Are we near the shipping date @torqueboards :champagne: ?

3 Likes

So far so good. Should know in about a week or so. :+1:

5 Likes

Many good things for eskate this month! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@Lunasi watched your video. Great stuff. You mentioned you were going to post an article up soon? That up yet or?

2 Likes

i get ~50km out of a 12s4p (30Q cells)

1 Like

Had kind of a crazy month and hadnā€™t had a chance to post it yet, very soon.

4 Likes

@torqueboards could you tell me the measures of the DDs and the matching trucks baseplate? I am going to route my hummie deck to fit them.

If they are the same as caliber 2 let me know!

Edit: I guess they are not, because the have 3 bolt positions? A diagram would be nice.

@BruSkater Baseplate is 5.65mm thick. image

9 Likes

Thanks! What about total length?

@BruSkater - 83.5mm

1 Like

@torqueboards, "So far so good. Should know in about a week or so. :+1: " itā€™s one week since your last postā€¦ Any news ? drivetrain and TB100 wheels are the lasts parts of my build !

@FredXanadu Haha not yet. 1 week exactly too short but almost. Should know more very soon.

@torqueboards has anyone tested the 90kv version? I wonder how good will the torque be?

2 Likes

When I ordered they said the torque was about the same for both models. They mostly recommend the 75kv out of safety concerns (honestly 35mph is fast enough) not because of they think anyone would be unhappy with the torque of the 90kv, but I obviously canā€™t be sure till I get my order.

2 Likes

Since I am getting 2, I asked them to send me first a 90kv DD that I intend to use in a 10s5p config, but I will also try it with my other battery, a 12s4p. Depending on how they feel my second order will be either 75kv or 90kv.

Cool. Sorry I wasnā€™t more helpful.

1 Like

@BruSkater Torque should be perfectly fine on 90KV. We havenā€™t extensively tested it but should be perfectly fine. I could see if we were using like 120KV then it would be a bigger difference.

75KV was testing a bit faster than 35mph+ as well. But yeah, if you got a 4WD. Try the 90KV 2WD first.

1 Like

Itā€™s actually for 2 different builds!

1 Like

@torqueboards send us some sneak pics, i canā€™t wait anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try and get some in the next few days.