First Look at TorqueBoards Direct Drive Motor

Will that improve torque?

4 Likes

@BruSkater yup, sure will.

6 Likes

Weā€™ll need to make sure Jason is ok with this mate. Want me to mail him?

15 Likes

Will this makes the trucks longer as well?

@jbruce - Nope :smile: Same sizeā€¦ we had a bit of space internally so decided to go with a bigger motor.

12 Likes

nice, thatā€™s awesome! I cant wait for these

1 Like

Nice! Hummies hubs have less than 1mm of clearance on both sides. Itā€™s a bit scary though pressing with such little room for error.

Canā€™t wait to race these!

2 Likes

Hahaā€¦ definetly wonā€™t be me racingā€¦ @Evoheyax I be grandma cruisinā€¦

I do want to make an even bigger stator one for testing.

7 Likes

You have plenty of customers who will though :stuck_out_tongue:

I know Iā€™ll see these around soon!

3 Likes

Just wondering whatā€™s the length of the dd, just the motor/ can not including the core adapter

@pat.speed not including axles 220mm. Not that much bigger from a 218mm type setup.

1 Like

Sorry, I meant the motor. The can length

Will you be selling the precision trucks individually? I wantse a set of those :slight_smile:

Me too lol, thatā€™s why I wanna know the size of the motor or the length of hanger the motor is on

@pat.speed @powadangaboards If thereā€™s an interest in them I can they just arenā€™t cheap :frowning: The DD Motor is 85mm long. Trucks will be $249.99 and Iā€™ll have some clamps for them too as well if you wanted to use them for a belt drive setup. Let me know if you want a set.

6 Likes

IMG_20181207_005635 IMG_20181207_005643 IMG_20181206_233638 IMG_20181207_011630 IMG_20181207_011635 IMG_20181207_011517

18 Likes

Are these the ones you designed?

Yeah I designed them tonight and they seem to work. I hope to get them machined soon and test them out

Also need to make it for abec hubs but it seems like kegel is the best way forward.

9 Likes

They look good. Looks like you went with one of the 6 spoke design we were looking at.

1 Like

very well done :point_up: :wink:

1 Like